Things I dislike about the Galaxy S3
11-16-2012 01:11 PM
- 07-13-2012 06:36 PMLike 4
- I am coming from a DX and was really annoyed with the S3 keyboard. I installed the free Swype Beta (from Swype website, IIRC, not the Play Store), it is awesome, everything I liked about the DX Swype keyboard, plus it takes care of the most annoying thin from it, by allowing you to remove words from your "personal" dictionary. In the old swype, if you misspelled a word and didn't catch it, it would remember it as a "new" word and would start inserting it when you meant something else...07-13-2012 06:37 PM
- ForgetfulEnergy hoarder
2- download "brightness widget"] and place the widget on a homescreen to easily adjust. Auto seems to suck on any phone unless you're rooted and can program the levels to your liking.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 207-13-2012 06:39 PM
- 07-13-2012 06:42 PM
- I just got this phone from Verizon earlier this week. It replaced my Motorola Droid X. I bought it solely on reviews, never even went in and saw other phones. Read that it domiates the iPhone, Droid Razor Maxx...etc.
What I dislike about this phone:
1. I do not like that I cannot turn off the notification 'Known Wi-Fi network available. Connect?' when wifi is turned off. You can only disable this when wifi is turned on.
2. I do not like that I cannot turn off 'predictive word' for texting/google talking/emailing, without also turning off T9 Trace (or Samsungs version of SWYPE). I cannot stand that I have to approve nearly every word when swyping, and when I go back and read it prior to sending, it's all jacked up. And if I try to use predictive text to fix a wrong word, it inserts the word in the already bad word, IE: bbad
3. I do not like that the wifi icon is not in the notificiation area. You have to go into Settings to enable/disable wifi.
4 I do not like that the antenna sucks, I get worse reception with this phone that I did my X.
I might return this phone....
Any tips/tidbits that I'm unaware of? I'd greatly appreciate it!07-13-2012 06:50 PM
Got to Systen Settings > Tap Wi-Fi, right at the top there, where the toggle switch is, but not on the toggle switch, and uncheck 'Notify Me'.
Attachment 3064607-13-2012 07:05 PM
- 07-13-2012 07:09 PM
Feel free to test it and see just how unrelated it is and what little impact it has.07-13-2012 07:16 PMLike 1
- 07-13-2012 07:44 PM
Completely different as that option only controls when wifi is ON but not connected. The popup is also slightly different.
Wifi ON and not connected with Notify Me box checked
Wifi OFF, notify me box unchecked and near remembered network07-13-2012 07:48 PM
I did install a toggle widget to turn wifi on and off, maybe that's somehow interfering? But nothing I do so far actually makes this happen. Maybe somehow it's a result of using the VZW-modified shortcut in the notification tray?07-13-2012 08:46 PM
- 07-13-2012 08:57 PMLike 3
- i have some album in my gallery that has nothing but blanks and weird symbols i cannot delte any of these pictures in the album or the phone locks up this sucks no 4g at my house used to have it sometimes on my crappy LG it even has trouble finishing speed test the up load takes about 30 secons to start yes i deleted app and reloaded it i like the keyboard just fine would love help on this photo gallery issue please07-14-2012 12:23 AM
- Enable wifi and then connect to and remember a network. Turn off wifi. Hold home button and close all apps. Open Google Play Store, Youtube, or Browser. Reproducible 100% of the time for me. Only ways around it are: 1. Forget all networks, 2. Leave wifi on or 3. Use AnyCut to access the menu below. Root users also have a 4th option of editing the key using an sql editor.
Click to view quoted image07-14-2012 12:53 AM
Unless there's a reason you wouldn't want to connect to known network?07-14-2012 07:14 AM
Turns out, though, that it was because I had exited the app without choosing a selection, and it seemingly stored that action in memory as me having ignored it, so it wasn't coming up anymore. Once I cleared the memory, it came back up, despite the settings I used.
I was really hoping I'd somehow fixed it, but thanks for being persistent that it wasn't a fix.
Apologies on my part, as I really thought I'd gotten it sorted out, at least on my phone.07-16-2012 12:36 PM
- 07-21-2012 03:25 PM
- Not able to use the phone as a simple USB Storage Device with Window XP, the fascinate and droid charge were able to do it. In fact I cannot exchange files with GS3 from my PC running Windows XP using usb cable which came with the GS3. And, I tried everything, USB drivers from Samsung, Kies from Samsung, no way. I don't want, cannot use Wi-Fi. Any suggestions?07-21-2012 04:31 PM
- Ricky BabaluBEACH BUMNot able to use the phone as a simple USB Storage Device with Window XP, the fascinate and droid charge were able to do it. In fact I cannot exchange files with GS3 from my PC running Windows XP using usb cable which came with the GS3. And, I tried everything, USB drivers from Samsung, Kies from Samsung, no way. I don't want, cannot use Wi-Fi. Any suggestions?07-21-2012 08:03 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S3
- Verizon Galaxy S III
Things I dislike about the Galaxy S3
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD