Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree15Likes

Default Re: Things I dislike about the Galaxy S3

2. I do not like that I cannot turn off 'predictive word' for texting/google talking/emailing, without also turning off T9 Trace (or Samsungs version of SWYPE). I cannot stand that I have to approve nearly every word when swyping, and when I go back and read it prior to sending, it's all jacked up. And if I try to use predictive text to fix a wrong word, it inserts the word in the already bad word, IE: bbad

I felt the same way but good news:
    Click on:
    Settings
    Language and Input
    Under the Keyboards and input methods click the cog next to Samsung keyboard
    touch Predictive text it needs to be "on"
    I have everything unchecked except Spell correction

This should work...it was driving me insane the other way. now if i could figure out why i have to charge my stupid battery after very few hours I'd b happy :-)

I absolutely love my new Galaxy phone! My only "complaint" is that I can't adjust the volume of the notifications (email, text, Whatsapp, etc). It seems the volume rocker on the side of the phone adjusts ringtone volume, and when talking earpiece volume - but not notifications volume. At least it doesn't on my phone. I'd love to be able to not have notifications ring so loud it sounds like it will blow the speaker.

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by ABTsportsline View Post
    I absolutely love my new Galaxy phone! My only "complaint" is that I can't adjust the volume of the notifications (email, text, Whatsapp, etc). It seems the volume rocker on the side of the phone adjusts ringtone volume, and when talking earpiece volume - but not notifications volume. At least it doesn't on my phone. I'd love to be able to not have notifications ring so loud it sounds like it will blow the speaker.
    When you adjust the volume with the buttons look on the screen at the settings icon. Go there and you can change individual volumes.

Or settings, volume.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I cannot stand predictive text!!!! Had the Samsung Fascinateand one other with Swype. It works so well. Kind of assumed it would be on the S3. I find myself going back and redoing most words. Tried a couple Swype type apps. Better on the Swype but the voice input stinks on those. Can't win.

Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by uturn1200 View Post
    I cannot stand predictive text!!!! Had the Samsung Fascinateand one other with Swype. It works so well. Kind of assumed it would be on the S3. I find myself going back and redoing most words. Tried a couple Swype type apps. Better on the Swype but the voice input stinks on those. Can't win.
    You can win with Swiftkey 3. I did.

Quote Originally Posted by New2GalaxyIII View Post
    I just got this phone from Verizon earlier this week. It replaced my Motorola Droid X. I bought it solely on reviews, never even went in and saw other phones. Read that it domiates the iPhone, Droid Razor Maxx...etc.

What I dislike about this phone:
    1. I do not like that I cannot turn off the notification 'Known Wi-Fi network available. Connect?' when wifi is turned off. You can only disable this when wifi is turned on.
    2. I do not like that I cannot turn off 'predictive word' for texting/google talking/emailing, without also turning off T9 Trace (or Samsungs version of SWYPE). I cannot stand that I have to approve nearly every word when swyping, and when I go back and read it prior to sending, it's all jacked up. And if I try to use predictive text to fix a wrong word, it inserts the word in the already bad word, IE: bbad
    3. I do not like that the wifi icon is not in the notificiation area. You have to go into Settings to enable/disable wifi.
    4 I do not like that the antenna sucks, I get worse reception with this phone that I did my X.

I might return this phone....

Any tips/tidbits that I'm unaware of? I'd greatly appreciate it!
    if you do a bit of searching, there is a thread on here that gives you a step by step instructions on how to get rid of that pop up. you have to go into your dialer and push *# and then some numbers and it will take you to the secret phone menu. i hated that pop up also but after i did that it has never popped up anymore.

here are the instructions

open the dialer and enter the following code:
    *#6335623#
    this will open "HiddenMenuWifiOffload" menu.
    select "Disable WifiOffloading"
    press OK

for the others they can be ignored or use an new keyboard.

NO ROOT REQUIRED FOR ABOVE TIP!!

Quote Originally Posted by boogalu View Post
    if you do a bit of searching, there is a thread on here that gives you a step by step instructions on how to get rid of that pop up. you have to go into your dialer and push *# and then some numbers and it will take you to the secret phone menu. i hated that pop up also but after i did that it has never popped up anymore.

here are the instructions

open the dialer and enter the following code:
    *#6335623#
    this will open "HiddenMenuWifiOffload" menu.
    select "Disable WifiOffloading"
    press OK

for the others they can be ignored or use an new keyboard.

NO ROOT REQUIRED FOR ABOVE TIP!!
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong but when I try that sequence and hit the phone icon when completed the phone dials as if I was making a call?

Yes ditto to the above I also dial that code just to get a recording that says my call can't be completed as dialed

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234