Volume kinda quiet

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone think the volume is quiet? I would appreciate any tips or advice on how to correct it. All the pre loaded ring tones are quiet as well even with volume turned all the way up.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

anon(181017)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I guess the ringer isn't extremely loud, but it's louder than my DX was. I missed a lot of calls when the DX was in my pocket if I was anywhere with even a moderate background noise level. I think the phone speaker is plenty adequate for media playback as well.

My complaint is actually the opposite- I don't think it gets quiet enough when the volume is all the way down. I turn my ringer way down at night so if I get a notification it doesn't jar me awake, but if someone is calling and really needs to get ahold of me I'll eventually hear it. But even at the lowest volume setting it's still too loud for my liking in that usage. And I use Gentle Alarm in the morning, with a nice long 5 minute fade-in where it's supposed to start whisper quiet and gradually rise to the max level I set at 80%. On my DX it would usually wake me up after a minute or two, but now with this phone it wakes me up right away because it just can't start quietly enough. It's not terribly harsh, but kind of annoying.

I guess it just seems like the volume doesn't have a very broad range of adjustment. Hoping to find a way to modify that eventually.

Reactions: hawaiijedi

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone think the volume is quiet? I would appreciate any tips or advice on how to correct it. All the pre loaded ring tones are quiet as well even with volume turned all the way up.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Try this volume + they have a free version but I have the paid version volume boost $1.99 trust me it works. In fact my gnex volume was low, even lowering the s3. I have my speaker setting set to volume 17, it's really really loud.

It's worth the $1.99 for the volume + (volume boost)

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...mNvbS5GUkVFLmFuZHJvaWQubHZoIl0&token=NW3Hy-QO.

qdtphotog

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I guess the ringer isn't extremely loud, but it's louder than my DX was. I missed a lot of calls when the DX was in my pocket if I was anywhere with even a moderate background noise level. I think the phone speaker is plenty adequate for media playback as well.

My complaint is actually the opposite- I don't think it gets quiet enough when the volume is all the way down. I turn my ringer way down at night so if I get a notification it doesn't jar me awake, but if someone is calling and really needs to get ahold of me I'll eventually hear it. But even at the lowest volume setting it's still too loud for my liking in that usage. And I use Gentle Alarm in the morning, with a nice long 5 minute fade-in where it's supposed to start whisper quiet and gradually rise to the max level I set at 80%. On my DX it would usually wake me up after a minute or two, but now with this phone it wakes me up right away because it just can't start quietly enough. It's not terribly harsh, but kind of annoying.

I guess it just seems like the volume doesn't have a very broad range of adjustment. Hoping to find a way to modify that eventually.

That's interesting because I also had the droid x but the S3 sounds seem to be lower than the droid x. When I plug the s3 in my car aux jack, I have to turn the volume higher so I can hear better.

anon(181017)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
That's interesting because I also had the droid x but the S3 sounds seem to be lower than the droid x. When I plug the s3 in my car aux jack, I have to turn the volume higher so I can hear better.

I assume that means you're talking about sound through the headphone jack? I've listened to music through headphones a few times and think it sounds fine. My only concern is the ringers/alarms through the speaker.