Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Who made the switch?

So after much debate i traded in my gnex for this galaxy s3. Granted its only been a day but holy this thing is a beast. Really solid battery life and just loving how smooth it is. So did anybody else make the switch. After my trade in i only paid like 80 and just not a single complaint. So slick. Well one is that it'll take a little while to get use to how light this thing is.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Who made the switch?

Quote Originally Posted by anthony1117 View Post
    So after much debate i traded in my gnex for this galaxy s3. Granted its only been a day but holy this thing is a beast. Really solid battery life and just loving how smooth it is. So did anybody else make the switch. After my trade in i only paid like 80 and just not a single complaint. So slick. Well one is that it'll take a little while to get use to how light this thing is.

i as well came from a Gnex to the GS3 got mine on Friday jury 14th.well Worth the $649.99

Came from the original DInc.

Obviously no contest!

Came from TBolt. Love it. I was scared it was going to be too big, but its not. At all. Got my wife one too so we can take advantage of SBeam, etc. Love coming here and learning little things from this forum too. And for some reason my free hotspot that I got with my TBolt that for some reason didn't go away after that promo ended carried over onto this phone too so I'm twice as happy! Woohoo!

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anthony1117 View Post

I did too. On paper there shouldn't be that much of a difference between the phones but there really is! I was quite surprised. I'm getting tremendously better battery life without changing any settings and I love the screen and speed. Also like how light it is!

I still have my Gnex to play around with but the S3 is a solid device. I would recommend the S3 over the GNex for a normal everyday user. If and/or when the boot loader gets unlocked, that will get the FTW in my book.

Global Posts
    1,564 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by majiklantrn View Post
    I still have my Gnex to play around with but the S3 is a solid device. I would recommend the S3 over the GNex for a normal everyday user. If and/or when the boot loader gets unlocked, that will get the FTW in my book.
    Same thing

Keeping both devices but I slightly favor the nexus with jellybean

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I switched from the GNex as well and couldn't be happier.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3

My nexus was a dud on 4G and the battery life atrocious. The Slll kicks ***. Put the nexus on my second line. Gonna have to warranty it. Perhaps Verizon can send me another Slll for a replacement?

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious JellyBean 4.1.1

Switched from an iphone 4s, oh I missed android. I loved the customization and widgets! I was torn between this phone and the gnex but I wanted the camera.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

I switched from my 8 day old gnex (made in China) to a 32gb s3. I went from 16 signal drops before lunch to no drops over several days.

I couldn't be happier

ROM
    Completely stock...

I made the switch from my HTC Evo 3D and Sprint. What a phone, and great battery life.

Switched from the Rezound to the GS3 Friday (13th). So far so good, love the S3.

Came from the Rezound a few days ago. I am lovin' the S3.

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts

I abandoned my iPhone 4S......I have NO regrets! the S3 is truly in a league of its own!!!!!

My GNex is now my "beach" phone lol. Really happy with the GS3, especially the battery life.

Now that I have killed the wifi popup notification and the wifi nag notification, and put the wifi toggle back along with all the others, it's just about perfect.

I have the HTC Thunderbolt, over all it's been an ok phone but never lived up to all the hype. The battery life still sucks and I can't wait to off-load it. I am actually on the fence right now on what phone I want. I finally was able to hold the GS3 and love it. I just don't want to make a mistake with the iPhone5 coming out and it possibly being a better all around phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooch10 View Post
    I have the HTC Thunderbolt, over all it's been an ok phone but never lived up to all the hype. The battery life still sucks and I can't wait to off-load it. I am actually on the fence right now on what phone I want. I finally was able to hold the GS3 and love it. I just don't want to make a mistake with the iPhone5 coming out and it possibly being a better all around phone.
    As someone that has an iPhone 4S now and a big fan of the iPhone, even with iOS 6 the iPhone 5 will still be behind the SGS III. Especially if the rumored taller 4S lookalike ends up being iPhone 5. It will be a couple of years behind the SGS III at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 View Post
    As someone that has an iPhone 4S now and a big fan of the iPhone, even with iOS 6 the iPhone 5 will still be behind the SGS III. Especially if the rumored taller 4S lookalike ends up being iPhone 5. It will be a couple of years behind the SGS III at launch.
    I don't know if it'll be a couple years behind the SGSIII at launch, but you can rest assured that it won't have the options that the SGSIII has. I'm still struggling with the decision right now. Lose the 4S for the SGSIII or hang on to the 4S until the 5 comes out. I love iOS and Android and kind of like my 4S/Nexus 7 set up right now. But everytime I play with the Nexus 7 I think I really would like an Android phone, too.

switched from a Thunderbolt to an iPhone 4 to GS3. Loved my iPhone when I first switched over but now, my GS3 beats them all! Loveee the huge screen and missed the freedom I had with a droid. Still miss my apps from apple but it's a price I'm willing to pay for this awesome phone!

I currently have the Thunderbolt and am contemplating gettin the SGS III. I currently have unlimited data so I am thinking in order to keep unlimited data I will buy the phone outright Heer are a few questions.

1. Where is the best place to buy this phone (price wise)
    2. can I get Insurance like I have now from verizon for this phone if i don't get it from verizon?

Came over from the Bionic and I must say as much as every body talks about Moto's build quality and radio's, this SIII has REALLY impressed me...hell,no squeaky door good solid feel and I haven't dropped a call or lost data since I had it and it's been near 4 weeks. I was going to wait for the Droid Razr HD...but I'm glad I didn't
    SUCCESS IS MY ONLY OPTION...FAILURE IS NOT !!

I lost my DroidX last week in Reno (found out yesterday it was returned the night I lost it) and bought this one. Awesome phone except that many times my phone has a slight delay when I press a widget. Speaking of widgets does anyone know if there is a quick dial widget like the Motorola Droids? I love being able to put a contact on my home screen and the phone and sms icon is right there.

Global Posts
    780 Global Posts

I switched from a GNex and am very happy with the S3. Great battery life and blazing fast...all it needs is Jelly Bean and some good ROMs.

Global Posts
    780 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diamondrmp View Post
    I lost my DroidX last week in Reno (found out yesterday it was returned the night I lost it) and bought this one. Awesome phone except that many times my phone has a slight delay when I press a widget. Speaking of widgets does anyone know if there is a quick dial widget like the Motorola Droids? I love being able to put a contact on my home screen and the phone and sms icon is right there.
    I am not sure what the Droids have but you can use the direct dial widget or download Android Pro Widgets from the Play Store. The free version will give you a nice contacts widget.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast