S3 Battery Drain (Fixes Applied No Result)

piratelax91

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I was wondering if maybe some of you guys were having this problem also...a few other people I know with the S3 said its battery life was great but mine for some reason is just horrendous
I have read through multiple threads on multiple forums regarding this issue but have not seemed to solve my problem whatsoever
I have turned the screen brightness off auto bright and set it to 30%,
I have disabled S-Voice's startup command,
I turned off my auto-sync
My 4G is on but I live in an area with good 4G LTE signal
example: I was in my house today and took the phone off the charger at 100% and withing 40 mins of light internet browsing on wifi..I was down to 89%
Is my phone suspect or have other users experienced similar issues on your phones even after applying these fixes?:'(

nooaah

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Yea I am...have you heard anything about Chrome causing battery decimation lol?

I just noticed my battery was phenomenal the first couple of days and the only difference since then is I switched from dolphin to chrome. Chrome also seems pretty laggy on my phone...

dslayton

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
On my GNex I used to use 10% of battery for every 20 minutes of screen on time. I am loving the SG3 battery. Not as good as the Razr Maxx, but still awesome. FYI : I use the power save mode.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Kitchen42

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
For some reason, the gallery eats up a ton of my phone's battery life even though I don't even open the gallery.

Does this happen to you or anyone else?

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't know bro sounds about right to me..... I used to be able to watch my dinc die as I used it.
Don't get me wrong I would love better battery performance, but I always thought that blackberry, and Iphone had the best batteries respectively, and android was a joke. Now I feel the S3 is on par with the iphone.

stainiu

May 25, 2012
Visit site
On my GNex I used to use 10% of battery for every 20 minutes of screen on time. I am loving the SG3 battery. Not as good as the Razr Maxx, but still awesome. FYI : I use the power save mode.

I'm using my phone right now over 4G with emails being pushed, a weather widget pulling down data and I've been listening to music for almost two hours and I'm at 88 percent with a little over two hours of use. I can usually go a full twelve hours after which I'm at about 15 percent.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
You probably already tried, but if not reboot. My wife's s3 had battery drain issues, requiring several charges to get through the day. I rebooted it and the problem went away.

Alextodd1

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
If you have tried everything else, then i should recommend you to go with another new Samsung Galaxy Original battery. This should definitely get the job done right! Seriously man it even sounds horrifying that you are using your S3 with 30% brightness! How come you are able to see the screen properly with just 30% brightness? :/

nct34

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Try an app called Battery Guru. It monitors how some of your apps refresh and search for network or wifi connections... have used it on my S3 for a few weeks and noticed a significant savings on the battery. It's noticeable... sorry I don't have any specific numbers... all I can tell you is that it does work

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary