How to get e-mail client to download all emails?

PretoEVO4

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone -

I am using the default e-mail application that comes with the Galaxy S3. It is setup for my MSN Hotmail account. (myname@msn.com)

It works fine EXCEPT the fact that it does not download the entire contents of an email by default. I am forced to open an email and click on "Load More Details" to get the rest of the email downloaded so that it is in a readable state.

I have gone into settings and have checked "Show Images" "Size to retrieve emails set to ALL"... nothing seems to work.

Basically all I want is not to have to click "Load More Details" on every single email I get. It is highly annoying. Is there anyway to have "Load More Details" selected by default so I don't have to manually do it for every email?

Thanks for any help!

AspenQn

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Did you use the "other" email icon during initial setup of phone because you couldn't get the Windows Live icon to work? That is what I did when trying to set up my MSN email account. However after going back in and deleting my MSN account from the stock email application and trying the Windows Live, it finally took and now my emails fully load in HTML format. Give this a try...I was highly annoyed when I had to keep going to bottom of page to load the whole email message.

Reactions: socialillz

48dodge

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Similar issues are what pushed me away from the stock email app on my dinc. I use touchdown now. Works well with exchange. You can download all messages if you want. Set the size to whatever you want. Also able to search all emails. I believe the search was what pushed me over the edge to ditch the stock program.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I switched to Touchdown for Exchange email. It also has a feature where you can see all unread mail from all folders in a single mailbox. Full task and note syncing, too.

RunSilent23

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't have this device but I'm wondering why no one has said gmail.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I found this to be the best solution as well. A few years ago, I moved from Blackberry to the Samsung Fascinate (Galaxy S). While I was happy with Exchange email, the default Android email app would take hours or days to deliver my msn.com email. I was about to return the phone and go back to Blackbeery when I realized that I had to embrace the Android ecosystem and that meant Gmail. I linked the two msn.com email accounts to my gmail account and all of the sudden, I started receiving msn.com email without difficulty. I could elect to respond with either my msn or gmail accounts. After a while, I started phasing out my msn.com accounts to simplify things but that isn't required.

The only thing I would say is to set up your gmail account using the gmail app on the Galaxy S3 instead of the default email app.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I set up all my emails through gmail on a computer. Set up labels and filters. I have several email accounts coming into one inbox

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

socialillz

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Did you use the "other" email icon during initial setup of phone because you couldn't get the Windows Live icon to work? That is what I did when trying to set up my MSN email account. However after going back in and deleting my MSN account from the stock email application and trying the Windows Live, it finally took and now my emails fully load in HTML format. Give this a try...I was highly annoyed when I had to keep going to bottom of page to load the whole email message.

I finally got it thanks. I deleted the email and started from scratch. At first the msn email gave me an error but the 2nd time was successful. Now I get full HTML emails. Woohoooo.
Full disclosure... I use Gmail for friends and family. My msn account is what I use for credit card companies, email alerts for due bills and other business dealings.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums