Verizon SG3:Cant send 8mp pics through text!?

amznspider

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
So I took a picture of some food in an 8mp setting, and I wasnt able to send it! says 'unable to attach! Really SG3!? I had to switch to 6mp pic to send via text....

anyone having the same issues? and how come the screen brightness meter ain't on the Verizon SG3?!

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
For me it just says converting to multimedia message and I guess it resizes it and off it goes..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: andross77

amznspider

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
ya? it first says "picture too large...compressing" or some thing like that...then to "unable to attach-file not supported" ....what gives!? i would expect this phone to send such files from its own software and it says file not "supported." Anyone else taking 8mp shots and unable to send?

i just tried it on 4g and wifi...no luck

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I thinks because a 8mp pic is like 3mb and there might be size limit to send mms...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

soccerdude2014

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Umm... I've been able to send 8 MP pictures just fine? When i attach the file, it says something like the file size is reduced, and it sends just fine.

AndrewWestSide

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
So I took a picture of some food in an 8mp setting, and I wasnt able to send it! says 'unable to attach! Really SG3!? I had to switch to 6mp pic to send via text....

anyone having the same issues? and how come the screen brightness meter ain't on the Verizon SG3?!

Yes mine is doing the exact same thing. I laughed because it couldn't send a picture I just took! I figured that was a pretty big bug to overlook on Samsungs end. Gonna give handcent a try...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

aldous

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
same problem here. Talked to verizon. Mine works sometimes and not others. You have to call verizon and complain so they can add it to the list of bugs to be corrected via software update. Verizon rep logged my complaint

davidlnewman

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
With mine it seemed to have something to do with storing the pictures on the sd card. Rebooting the phone made this go away. However it did come back and I had to reboot again a few days later....

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I sent a few pics out today using hancent..... It takes a little bit to send the mms but eventually does go through.

aldous

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Tried storing on the phone but it made no difference. Verizon rep informed me that I was only one to complain bout it. No a fan of handcent or any of the other messaging apps

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue with the "compressing" notification and then it failed to upload. But, I guess in hindsight, do we really need to send 8mp pictures? I bumped the resolution down a bit and it works just fine.

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
It's hit or miss with mine too. I'll take a pick and attach it and it will compress just fine, the next picture I take say it is compressing then come back with file not supported... It's weird.

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
It's the standard, that's why.. To keep all phones "compatible" when sending and receiving pictures.. You don't want to send a text to some poor chump who has a flip phone, only to fill up half of his memory with a single photo attachment ;-).

Reactions: iron mongoose

h8louzn#AC

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Samsung and I got the typical you are the first complaint about this.
But the person did tell me if I know of other issues to have them call Samsung so they can get a fix out for it... The number is 888-987-4357. Please flood their phone lines!!! :D

amznspider

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Samsung and I got the typical you are the first complaint about this.
But the person did tell me if I know of other issues to have them call Samsung so they can get a fix out for it... The number is 888-987-4357. Please flood their phone lines!!! :D

thanks for the replies! i thought i was the only one with the problem...i will flood the line! it just sucks that i have to take 6mp to send via text...major let down on this phone and i hope they will fix with an update