Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon SG3:Cant send 8mp pics through text!?

So I took a picture of some food in an 8mp setting, and I wasnt able to send it! says 'unable to attach! Really SG3!? I had to switch to 6mp pic to send via text....

anyone having the same issues? and how come the screen brightness meter ain't on the Verizon SG3?!

For me it just says converting to multimedia message and I guess it resizes it and off it goes..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    andross77 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Verizon SG3:Cant send 8mp pics through text!?

ya? it first says "picture too large...compressing" or some thing like that...then to "unable to attach-file not supported" ....what gives!? i would expect this phone to send such files from its own software and it says file not "supported." Anyone else taking 8mp shots and unable to send?

i just tried it on 4g and wifi...no luck

I thinks because a 8mp pic is like 3mb and there might be size limit to send mms...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Umm... I've been able to send 8 MP pictures just fine? When i attach the file, it says something like the file size is reduced, and it sends just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by amznspider View Post
    So I took a picture of some food in an 8mp setting, and I wasnt able to send it! says 'unable to attach! Really SG3!? I had to switch to 6mp pic to send via text....

anyone having the same issues? and how come the screen brightness meter ain't on the Verizon SG3?!
    Yes mine is doing the exact same thing. I laughed because it couldn't send a picture I just took! I figured that was a pretty big bug to overlook on Samsungs end. Gonna give handcent a try...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

same problem here. Talked to verizon. Mine works sometimes and not others. You have to call verizon and complain so they can add it to the list of bugs to be corrected via software update. Verizon rep logged my complaint

With mine it seemed to have something to do with storing the pictures on the sd card. Rebooting the phone made this go away. However it did come back and I had to reboot again a few days later....

I sent a few pics out today using hancent..... It takes a little bit to send the mms but eventually does go through.

Tried storing on the phone but it made no difference. Verizon rep informed me that I was only one to complain bout it. No a fan of handcent or any of the other messaging apps

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdude2014 View Post
    Umm... I've been able to send 8 MP pictures just fine? When i attach the file, it says something like the file size is reduced, and it sends just fine.
    Mine does the same. I'm on the stock messaging app.
    Have no problems.

Global Posts
    4,540 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I had the same issue with the "compressing" notification and then it failed to upload. But, I guess in hindsight, do we really need to send 8mp pictures? I bumped the resolution down a bit and it works just fine.

Global Posts
    1,724 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It's hit or miss with mine too. I'll take a pick and attach it and it will compress just fine, the next picture I take say it is compressing then come back with file not supported... It's weird.

mine so far has worked fine sending the 8mp pics . that being said i think the pics look better in the 6mp mode .

with LTE and all i dont get why still max MMS can be no more then 1MB! SMH

Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It's the standard, that's why.. To keep all phones "compatible" when sending and receiving pictures.. You don't want to send a text to some poor chump who has a flip phone, only to fill up half of his memory with a single photo attachment ;-).
    Thanked by:
    Trilliumknits and unlmtdRW like this.

I just got off the phone with Samsung and I got the typical you are the first complaint about this.
    But the person did tell me if I know of other issues to have them call Samsung so they can get a fix out for it... The number is 888-987-4357. Please flood their phone lines!!!
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Mine sent via stock app. No Idea if it compressed or not.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by h8louzn View Post
    I just got off the phone with Samsung and I got the typical you are the first complaint about this.
    But the person did tell me if I know of other issues to have them call Samsung so they can get a fix out for it... The number is 888-987-4357. Please flood their phone lines!!!
    thanks for the replies! i thought i was the only one with the problem...i will flood the line! it just sucks that i have to take 6mp to send via text...major let down on this phone and i hope they will fix with an update

I email the pic when I want to keep it in its natural resolution.

There's another thread on this and the op accidentally had mobile data turned off. They turned it on and I think that fixed it, not sure if this is what's causing your issues as well.

My wife's did that the other day.... rebooted the phone, then it worked fine.

I have the same problem. If I use back camera it works, but photos too large from front camera. I figured problem was too good a camera. I may change my default camera to 6 mp to see if a big difference - photo size savings may be worth it if picture is not noticeably different.

I was able to modify the photo I took using Photoshop Express (just cropped a VERY small amount and saved as a new pic) and then it took the upload. Not sure what it is about the freaking DEFAULT format that Samsung's own messaging app finds unsupportable, but I will be calling to complain as well. Amateur cr@p.

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    I had the same issue with the "compressing" notification and then it failed to upload. But, I guess in hindsight, do we really need to send 8mp pictures? I bumped the resolution down a bit and it works just fine.
    Same here, got a message that if was compressing, but then later saw that it failed. And no, we don't need to send 8MP pictures, but I want all my personal pictures to be 8MP. I shouldn't have to take an 8MP picture, then switch to a lower res and take another one just to MMS, then switch back to 8MP for the next picture. It obviously tries to compress automatically, but doesn't seem to be working consistently. Never had a problem with my dX.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast