Verizon S3 can't send MMS pictures taken with camera?

anon(77329)

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
When I try to attach a picture that I took with my Verizon S3 through the stock texting app it say the file type isn't supported. I have the camera set and the highest quality, 8MP, and I believe the file being too big is the issue. It starts to compress it, like every phone does then says it can't attach it.

The fix will be to install another texting app such as GO SMS or Handcent but I was wondering if anyone else if experiencing this? I've attached a few screenshots of the toast notifications that appear when I try to attach a picture. Ignore the volume pop up as I accidentally hit the volume rocker.

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
works okay for me. Full quality 8mp settings, it compresses it and then sends just fine. I wish there was a way to send it in a bit higher quality like GoSMS helps with (sort of) but at least it works...for me anyway.

anon(77329)

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
works okay for me. Full quality 8mp settings, it compresses it and then sends just fine. I wish there was a way to send it in a bit higher quality like GoSMS helps with (sort of) but at least it works...for me anyway.

I've played around with it and some pictures send but most won't. Any picture that was taken with my old Droid X sends fine also. Just seems like some of the pictures I've taken with the S3 won't. I've read about this problem somewhere else but I can't find the thread.

Also works fine for me, though i do use handcent!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

:confused:

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I was at my sons soccer, I should have added that pic messaging worked for me before installing handcent.... Lol
Glad it is finally working for you!

warsie13

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
When I try to attach a picture that I took with my Verizon S3 through the stock texting app it say the file type isn't supported. I have the camera set and the highest quality, 8MP, and I believe the file being too big is the issue. It starts to compress it, like every phone does then says it can't attach it.

The fix will be to install another texting app such as GO SMS or Handcent but I was wondering if anyone else if experiencing this? I've attached a few screenshots of the toast notifications that appear when I try to attach a picture. Ignore the volume pop up as I accidentally hit the volume rocker.
Hey I had this same problem. Couldn't send or receive pictures via text message. I had mobile data disabled. Enabled and everything worked instantly. Even downloaded pictures from my mms messages automatically. Was considering switching to Handcent, but I'm glad i didn't have to. Hope that helps.

bestps

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happens to me. When I restart, it fixes it for a little while, but then starts acting up again. Kinda silly that I'd have to restart every time before I can send a picture.

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Mine does this periodically a reboot normally kicks it back into gear... I've also read that you can't have wifi connected when sending mms messages but I can't say that is completely true, mine works fine sometimes and then others it just decides to take a vacation.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You can have WiFi enabled, and even connected, but you must have a mobile data connection to send/receive MMS. If you leave both turned on the WiFi connection will normally be the only one active, but if you do something that requires a data connection (like send an MMS) then you'll briefly see the data connection enabled and then turn off.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae