1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

Default Blurry Pictures

I have been using the S3 for over 1 week and think it is great. The main disappointment so far has been with the camera. My Rezound took better pictures. I understand what exposure, aperture, ISO, etc. are and have been tweaking the settings quite a bit. But I still get way too many blurry pics, even in bright light with kids sitting down with no movement. I have tried with and without flash and the pics are still blurry. It almost sounds like the camera is not focusing on the target correctly. Does anyone else have issues with blurry pics?

Default Re: Blurry Pictures

I, too, was disappointed with the camera.
    Even if it's zero shutter lag, it doesn't focus and shoot immediately like I hoped.
    It's a phone camera, yes, but with all the hype, I expected more.
    If I take my time and manually focus, the pictures come out beautifully.
    But a lot of the times, I don't want to time every shot to focus well and it does get annoying.

Is there another camera app that focuses more efficiently?

Quote Originally Posted by BigCTM View Post
    I have been using the S3 for over 1 week and think it is great. The main disappointment so far has been with the camera. My Rezound took better pictures. I understand what exposure, aperture, ISO, etc. are and have been tweaking the settings quite a bit. But I still get way too many blurry pics, even in bright light with kids sitting down with no movement. I have tried with and without flash and the pics are still blurry. It almost sounds like the camera is not focusing on the target correctly. Does anyone else have issues with blurry pics?
    I've not had the issues your dealing with. Mine takes terrific shots

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I had the same issue as what you are describing. I took countless pictures and they would always show up blurry unless I had a steady hand.

I did RMA my phone because of different reasons (could not connect to 4g even with sim card replacements) but I saw your thread just now and started to take pictures with my replacement phone. HUGE difference. The pictures come out perfect, I can even move the phone around while taking a picture and it comes out clear.

It sounds like your device is defective.

This might have been obvious, but did you wipe the lens with a clean cloth prior. I've had right on sharpness. The fact that I am a professional photographer doesn't give me an advantage with a phone camera. But I do have a deserning eye. Everything I've done looks sharp except in dim lighting. But that would be true for most point and shoots.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I had the same issues at first. I found out that if you tap on the screen to auto focus it will take a better shot. Just pointing and shooting was netting me blurry pics but this extra step helps much.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

My friend and I had same problem. 80% of his shots at Comic-Con were blurry!

We had Droid 1, Rezound, Triump and lots of LG feature phone with few blurry pictures. Friend told me to focus and wait a few seconds for camera to focus. That helps. Also found that on camera mode, click on setting and you will see Edit Shortcuts on top and Focus mode on bottom. However, keep scrolling down and there are more settings! If you turn Anti-Shake to on, some of the pictures will improve!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

I am surprised that anti shake is off by default. I missed this somehow. This was the problem. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by equalizer88 View Post
    My friend and I had same problem. 80% of his shots at Comic-Con were blurry!

We had Droid 1, Rezound, Triump and lots of LG feature phone with few blurry pictures. Friend told me to focus and wait a few seconds for camera to focus. That helps. Also found that on camera mode, click on setting and you will see Edit Shortcuts on top and Focus mode on bottom. However, keep scrolling down and there are more settings! If you turn Anti-Shake to on, some of the pictures will improve!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

This was my issue too, weird it was off by default.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2