Static on video

bad1550

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone experienced static when playing back videos? (camera video)

It's happens on every video. How do I fix?

Thanks

Bob

socialillz

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I've noticed the same thing. I call it hiccups. I think it's just the camera. A software update might fix it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed it somewhat but really don't record to many vids on the camera... the music vids I've downloaded look nice though... no issues with them...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

droidjin

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I also experienced this, at first I thought maybe something was wrong with my SD card. When I transfer the video clip to my laptop, I saw what was happening. The laptop (crappy Intel video) could not keep up decoding the video and was dropping frames, thus the skipping effect when viewing. When I played the video on my desktop, the video was smooth because no frames were dropped. I think the current hardware decoder in the S3 can not play 1080p video smoothly because of the high bit rate that the S3 records in (17mbit/s). Downloaded videos will usually be encoded in lower bit rate and will play smoothly. I also have BSPlayer installed, and using it's non-system HW decoder, the recorded video does play a bit better, but still have some frame drop issue. Turn off power saver mode will also give you more processing power, it will make things better.
Hopefully it's not a hardware limitation of the S4 chipset and we can get a driver update from Samsung.

bad1550

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I also experienced this, at first I thought maybe something was wrong with my SD card. When I transfer the video clip to my laptop, I saw what was happening. The laptop (crappy Intel video) could not keep up decoding the video and was dropping frames, thus the skipping effect when viewing. When I played the video on my desktop, the video was smooth because no frames were dropped. I think the current hardware decoder in the S3 can not play 1080p video smoothly because of the high bit rate that the S3 records in (17mbit/s). Downloaded videos will usually be encoded in lower bit rate and will play smoothly. I also have BSPlayer installed, and using it's non-system HW decoder, the recorded video does play a bit better, but still have some frame drop issue. Turn off power saver mode will also give you more processing power, it will make things better.
Hopefully it's not a hardware limitation of the S4 chipset and we can get a driver update from Samsung.

I am simply recording from the SG3 and playing it right back through the phone.

My Nexus never had static

Thx

Bob

AVInstaller

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Try this, as it has worked for me. Upload to your YouTube account (you can make it private or unlisted if desired).... The YouTube video encoder will convert (usually) a to compressed H264 codec, and then view from your YouTube account, or reload into phone. Less static, buffering, storage space etc..... Works for me

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

droidjin

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I am simply recording from the SG3 and playing it right back through the phone.

My Nexus never had static

Thx

Bob

I'm saying the SG3 is recording at a quality that it can't play back smoothly. The Nexus use a different chipset and I don't know what bit rate it's recording at. If you only playback on your phone, you might consider recording at 720p since the SG3 screen is only 720p.

bad1550

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Got my exchange just in time.

Took many videos at the Boston concert last night. Sound was great and photos videos are impressive!

LiquidGooey

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
So...I've had this issue on my Razor. I switched from stereo to wind reduction and it worked the first time...but now every setting gives me the static...REALLY annoying.

Is it my phone? Seems more like interference.

Also, I just upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich...not real impressed so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674