PSA: Good Extended Battery Deal Back In Stock

Xquisitee

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure you noticed but people are saying in their reviews that they last as long as the stock battery. Since the stock battery is 2100 mAh, my point is pretty much proven.

Why would I be paying for a battery? My phone came with one.

What point did you prove?

Why did you click on this the first time if you don't need one?

I'm not sure if you noticed but sometimes people need more battery life then the stock battery provides, and they don't always have access to a charging device. So when you have two batteries you can switch them out when one gets low, and guess what happens? You get to use your phone longer!

Last edited:
Reactions: locote25

Xquisitee

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Yep the numbers are heavily fudged on these batteries. You are probably better off with stock.

With the reviews on all their other batteries for different phones, and from what my brother told me who owns them, I trust that they aren't heavily fudged. But as I said if you want to buy the overpriced samsungs one, go ahead, it's your money.

Infact, I would love to buy a Samsung battery. But $40 for a single 2100mAH battery vs 25 for 2x 2300mAh batteries AND battery charger? Eh.

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Don't hold your breath.

It?s no fluke ? iPhone closes the gap on Android in U.S. — Tech News and Analysis

Samsung is the only Android manufacturer not losing money.

LOL Really? That's the best you can come up with?

You post an article about iPhone "closing the gap" from Jan 2012.

Hmmmm let's see. This is right after iPhone 4S came out. This is prior to the Razr, Razr Maxx, S3, and less than a month after the GNex was released.

Here's a little something more up to date. ;)

"Android continues to lead the smartphone market in the U.S., with a majority of smartphone owners (51.8%) using an Android OS handset. Over a third (34.3%) of smartphone owners use an Apple iPhone, and Blackberry owners represented another 8.1 percent of the smartphone market.

Overall among smartphone owners, Apple had the highest manufacturer share of smartphone handsets. Among recent acquirers who obtained their smartphone during June 2012, 54 percent said they chose an Android handset and 36 percent bought an iPhone."

Two Thirds of New Mobile Buyers Now Opting For Smartphones | Nielsen Wire

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
LOL Really? That's the best you can come up with?

You post an article about iPhone "closing the gap" from Jan 2012.

Hmmmm let's see. This is right after iPhone 4S came out. This is prior to the Razr, Razr Maxx, S3, and less than a month after the GNex was released.

Here's a little something more up to date. ;)

Two Thirds of New Mobile Buyers Now Opting For Smartphones | Nielsen Wire

Nice... I'm glad android is taking over... I'm sick and tired of iPhone this iPhone that... but what they don't say is the stuff they cant do and we been doing since forever... lol... Android for life!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Maybe he mean't two full work days with an 8 hour job, I don't know. I'm sorry I used the wrong term, but technically since this battery is 2300mAh it is an extended battery, may not be a huge leap but it's still bigger than the original.

Amazon.com: QCell: Cell Phones & Accessories

The sellers must of left a lot of fake 4 and 5 star reviews on all their products.

And about the droid inc battery, it's quite possible that you may have gotten a faulty battery. Good thing Amazon is good with returns.

Watch Out For Fake Amazon Reviews

Look at the dates of the reviews: July 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18 all 5 star. Doesn't that look a little suspicious that every review is either on the same exact day or a day after and they are all 5 star?

Also as for the Dinc, I'm in IT and I've purchased about a dozen "extended" batteries that would fit the original cover (like these) for people at my office that have or had a Dinc and they have all pretty much were worthless, in fact users went back to their OEM batteries because after a month of use with the extended battery, they started hold less of a charge. That is the one thing I've noticed about these third party batteries, they are great in the beginning but after a few months of use, they start to perform worse than the OEM's. The only extended batteries that were actually worth the money were the thicker ones that need a new back cover because of the extra size.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I guess if people want to buy this type of battery, more power to them. Then we'll have a thread on how it didn't last long or how it screwed their device up in some fashion. I can afford the OEM battery, but sure don't see myself needing one at this point.

ccmiked

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I love perusing these forums but I am just shocked at some people's response to the OP trying to help out users on getting a deal on an accessory... Are we that starved for attention that we must put down a person who researches something for their own purpose and shares the information with us within a forum format??? If you don't think it is a good deal or would be beneficial, then move on. For other people, they can read the reviews, try out the product, and if they don't like it, return it.
By the way, I would like to thank the OP for doing this research and providing this option on this forum.

InkedAdrenaline

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Nice... I'm glad android is taking over... I'm sick and tired of iPhone this iPhone that... but what they don't say is the stuff they cant do and we been doing since forever... lol... Android for life!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Seriously, iphone was my first smart phone. I finally made the jump from the 4s to this phone and I'm like WTF I didn't know these things could do all this. I would have switched a long time ago if I new this haha

Tapatalk'd from my Galaxy S3

Reactions: radyoactive

jaebberwock

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I checked out the Amazon reviews, almost all the reviewers have exactly ONE review. They all decided their one and only review would be for a generic battery for a phone that just came out. Gaming Amazon reviews is nothing new as the first few reviews are extremely crucial.

Reactions: d1ez3

Kench33

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I decided to cancel my order and wait for a better with a lot of reviews or one of the users on here says they, or any other extended battery is good.

Xquisitee

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Here are two pictures of everything that came with it. I accidently dropped the charger and it hit some granite and I'm not sure if I broke it, but I have no clue how to get the battery in it.

Xquisitee

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I checked out the Amazon reviews, almost all the reviewers have exactly ONE review. They all decided their one and only review would be for a generic battery for a phone that just came out. Gaming Amazon reviews is nothing new as the first few reviews are extremely crucial.

I noticed that to before posting, so I went and looked at some of their other batteries for other phones and checked the reviews, and most of them seemed legit. (And it was only $25.) Atleast one person is legit though lol.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member...20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1992275#R1IXZCG15SIRS8

Wampa1

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I bought an oem Samsung one for 30 after employee discount at the Verizon store. I guarantee they get better battery life than these "larger capacity" ones and will no doubt last way more charge cycles.

Xquisitee

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I bought an oem Samsung one for 30 after employee discount at the Verizon store. I guarantee they get better battery life than these "larger capacity" ones and will no doubt last way more charge cycles.

I guarantee you it won't. With the batteries I got, they will most likely be able the same.

But if by "larger capacity" one's you are referring to the 4000mAh ones, then no, it won't get more battery life.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I would guess right now, a 4000mah may get better battery life, but the true test would be in a year, see how much capacity both lose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy