Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default PSA: Good Extended Battery Deal Back In Stock

2x 2300mAh batteries w/ NFC and a battery charger for $25+shipping(free 2 day if you have prime.)

Amazon.com: QCell 2x Samsung Galaxy S3 2300mAh Battery + Free Universal Battery Charger w/ USB output power port (Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung L710, Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung I535, T-mobile Sa

Please please please please please don't be like one of my buddies who went on the samsung website to buy one 2100mA battery for $40.

Or you can buy a single battery for $10

http://www.amazon.com/QCell-Compatib...cell+galaxy+s3

Good deal... but honestly only 200 more mah is like only an extra 9% more battery... is it really that much of a big difference???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

I honestly was going to order these but my s3 lasts me all day. Also I have a zagg sparq if I ever need a charge. Have you tried these batteries yourself?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Kench33 View Post
    I honestly was going to order these but my s3 lasts me all day. Also I have a zagg sparq if I ever need a charge. Have you tried these batteries yourself?

I haven't... I really have no need for it... I have a charger at work and in my car plus nowadays most phones use the micro usb charger so more than likely the ppl I know will have one...

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Default Re: PSA: Good Extended Battery Deal Back In Stock

Haha lucky you. Almost all my friends have iphones now... lol

Good to know

Haha lucky you. Almost all my friends have iphones now... lol
    Well I suggest u get new friends... haha just kidding... won't be too long where most of America will be iPhone free.... lol...

stephanoyu and joshbdoc like this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by nelonez View Post
    Good deal... but honestly only 200 more mah is like only an extra 9% more battery... is it really that much of a big difference???

Having 2 of them is a big difference. They also sell 4300(I think)mAh ones for $20. I would get that but I can't give up the sexiness of my phone with the diztronic case.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

In two days I will. But for now all I got is my brother and his wifes opinion, and the 5 star rating. And all the other good ratings on their past products. And the 5 star rating and my brother and sister in laws opinion on the 4200mAh battery.

http://www.amazon.com/QCell-Extended...idcentral00-20

I'm just trying to help people save, I have bad memories of wasting money on terrible phone accessories, and missing out on great deals.

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

I'm willing to bet that those batteries don't even last as long as the stock battery. You can slap a sticker on a battery claiming whatever capacity you want, doesn't make it true.

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

The reviews where people say it lasts like 9 hours doesn't make sense to me unless they are heavy users. I can get 20+ hours with moderate use with 3g on all day and switching to 4g for some youtube streaming at night.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by jz68 View Post
    I'm willing to bet that those batteries don't even last as long as the stock battery. You can slap a sticker on a battery claiming whatever capacity you want, doesn't make it true.
    I'm not sure if you noticed, but Amazon also shows you reviews of their products. But hey, you obviously know more than the people who actually bought the batteries and used them.

Keep buying the $40 samsung batteries.

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

I ended up ordering it lol.

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

I ended up ordering it lol.

You made a good choice

Not trying to discount this battery or anything but, I remember buying one of these extended batteries for my old Droid Incredible and it turned out to have worse battery life than the stock one. Unless you buy an extended battery that is physically thicker to accommodate the extra NiMH material in it (to hold more of a charge) then you are not going to gain anything. Also, don't believe every review on Amazon, it has been proven that the sellers of these products actually leave 5+ reviews.

One of the reviews as someone mentioned states this "Full drain for me is 9 hours on battery which is on par with the OEM. With two batteries, I have more than enough power to last full 2 days." Now if one battery lasts 9 hours full drain, how is it possible that two of the same exact batteries will last him 2 full days? Last I checked 9 hours is only less than half a day so wouldn't two batteries last him 1 full day?

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

If they're bad ill return them. I've never not been able to get a refund off amazon.

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by dmcman73 View Post
    Not trying to discount this battery or anything but, I remember buying one of these extended batteries for my old Droid Incredible and it turned out to have worse battery life than the stock one. Unless you buy an extended battery that is physically thicker to accommodate the extra NiMH material in it (to hold more of a charge) then you are not going to gain anything. Also, don't believe every review on Amazon, it has been proven that the sellers of these products actually leave 5+ reviews.

One of the reviews as someone mentioned states this "Full drain for me is 9 hours on battery which is on par with the OEM. With two batteries, I have more than enough power to last full 2 days." Now if one battery lasts 9 hours full drain, how is it possible that two of the same exact batteries will last him 2 full days? Last I checked 9 hours is only less than half a day so wouldn't two batteries last him 1 full day?
    Maybe he mean't two full work days with an 8 hour job, I don't know. I'm sorry I used the wrong term, but technically since this battery is 2300mAh it is an extended battery, may not be a huge leap but it's still bigger than the original.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_wi...idcentral00-20

The sellers must of left a lot of fake 4 and 5 star reviews on all their products.

And about the droid inc battery, it's quite possible that you may have gotten a faulty battery. Good thing Amazon is good with returns.

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xquisitee View Post
    I'm not sure if you noticed, but Amazon also shows you reviews of their products. But hey, you obviously know more than the people who actually bought the batteries and used them.

Keep buying the $40 samsung batteries.
    I'm not sure you noticed but people are saying in their reviews that they last as long as the stock battery. Since the stock battery is 2100 mAh, my point is pretty much proven.

Why would I be paying for a battery? My phone came with one.

Quote Originally Posted by nelonez View Post
    Well I suggest u get new friends... haha just kidding... won't be too long where most of America will be iPhone free.... lol...

Don't hold your breath.

It’s no fluke – iPhone closes the gap on Android in U.S. — Tech News and Analysis

Samsung is the only Android manufacturer not losing money.

Yep the numbers are heavily fudged on these batteries. You are probably better off with stock.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

I'm not sure you noticed but people are saying in their reviews that they last as long as the stock battery. Since the stock battery is 2100 mAh, my point is pretty much proven.

Why would I be paying for a battery? My phone came with one.
    What point did you prove?

Why did you click on this the first time if you don't need one?

I'm not sure if you noticed but sometimes people need more battery life then the stock battery provides, and they don't always have access to a charging device. So when you have two batteries you can switch them out when one gets low, and guess what happens? You get to use your phone longer!
    Last edited by Xquisitee; 07-18-2012 at 09:58 PM.
    Thanked by:
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by snookie View Post
    Yep the numbers are heavily fudged on these batteries. You are probably better off with stock.
    With the reviews on all their other batteries for different phones, and from what my brother told me who owns them, I trust that they aren't heavily fudged. But as I said if you want to buy the overpriced samsungs one, go ahead, it's your money.

Infact, I would love to buy a Samsung battery. But $40 for a single 2100mAH battery vs 25 for 2x 2300mAh batteries AND battery charger? Eh.

Quote Originally Posted by snookie View Post
    Don't hold your breath.

Its no fluke iPhone closes the gap on Android in U.S. — Tech News and Analysis

Samsung is the only Android manufacturer not losing money.
    LOL Really? That's the best you can come up with?

You post an article about iPhone "closing the gap" from Jan 2012.

Hmmmm let's see. This is right after iPhone 4S came out. This is prior to the Razr, Razr Maxx, S3, and less than a month after the GNex was released.

Here's a little something more up to date.

"Android continues to lead the smartphone market in the U.S., with a majority of smartphone owners (51.8%) using an Android OS handset. Over a third (34.3%) of smartphone owners use an Apple iPhone, and Blackberry owners represented another 8.1 percent of the smartphone market.

Overall among smartphone owners, Apple had the highest manufacturer share of smartphone handsets. Among recent acquirers who obtained their smartphone during June 2012, 54 percent said they chose an Android handset and 36 percent bought an iPhone."
    Two Thirds of New Mobile Buyers Now Opting For Smartphones | Nielsen Wire

Quote Originally Posted by mikesmith View Post
    LOL Really? That's the best you can come up with?

You post an article about iPhone "closing the gap" from Jan 2012.

Hmmmm let's see. This is right after iPhone 4S came out. This is prior to the Razr, Razr Maxx, S3, and less than a month after the GNex was released.

Here's a little something more up to date.

Two Thirds of New Mobile Buyers Now Opting For Smartphones | Nielsen Wire
    Nice... I'm glad android is taking over... I'm sick and tired of iPhone this iPhone that... but what they don't say is the stuff they cant do and we been doing since forever... lol... Android for life!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xquisitee View Post
    Maybe he mean't two full work days with an 8 hour job, I don't know. I'm sorry I used the wrong term, but technically since this battery is 2300mAh it is an extended battery, may not be a huge leap but it's still bigger than the original.

Amazon.com: QCell: Cell Phones & Accessories

The sellers must of left a lot of fake 4 and 5 star reviews on all their products.

And about the droid inc battery, it's quite possible that you may have gotten a faulty battery. Good thing Amazon is good with returns.
    Watch Out For Fake Amazon Reviews

Look at the dates of the reviews: July 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18 all 5 star. Doesn't that look a little suspicious that every review is either on the same exact day or a day after and they are all 5 star?

Also as for the Dinc, I'm in IT and I've purchased about a dozen "extended" batteries that would fit the original cover (like these) for people at my office that have or had a Dinc and they have all pretty much were worthless, in fact users went back to their OEM batteries because after a month of use with the extended battery, they started hold less of a charge. That is the one thing I've noticed about these third party batteries, they are great in the beginning but after a few months of use, they start to perform worse than the OEM's. The only extended batteries that were actually worth the money were the thicker ones that need a new back cover because of the extra size.
    Wampa1 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast