Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By nelonez
  • 5 Post By Maya
  • 3 Post By rfurman24
  • 2 Post By Suntan
  • 1 Post By OWybPPgO
  • 1 Post By viskey
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Alternatives to Stock Gallery App?

Does anyone know if there are any good Photo Gallery applications out there? For some reason I just can't stand the interface on the stock TW gallery app. Just seems very cluttered to me.

Quote Originally Posted by youthsoccer View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any good Photo Gallery applications out there? For some reason I just can't stand the interface on the stock TW gallery app. Just seems very cluttered to me.
    Give this one a try...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    youthsoccer likes this.

Default Re: Alternatives to Stock Gallery App?

I use QuickPic:

I agree with quickpic.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Never heard of either of those two! Just downloaded them and love both of them. Thanks guy!

Sorry one more question, when i try to send a pic via text message and press the attachment button, i get a slew of applications that i can select pictures from. Is there a way to set a default application so that i don't have to choose every time i want to send a picture from the gallery?
    Last edited by youthsoccer; 07-18-2012 at 02:16 AM.

Quickpic for me too.

I don't think you can change those app suggestions showing up without having root access. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

-Suntan
    hakoreh and GoGetemB like this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I was hoping to not have to root. Just seems so silly for me to have two gallery selections or random things like my theme icon patch. Definitely a nuisance,
    Geek Mom

QuickPic here too, and it works great for setting wallpapers without the stupid native app tiny cropping.
    hakoreh likes this.

Global Posts
    4,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Wow, I was hating the Gallery app too. Gonna give QuickPic a test drive.

+1 for quick pic!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    hakoreh likes this.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Didn't want to make another thread.

But does anyone know how to open mms images through quickpic instead of the stock gallery?
    I disabled the stock gallery and it gives me a "load failed!" message when i open a picture. But works fine if i enable the stock gallery since it opens the picture with it.

Quote Originally Posted by lbkiml View Post
    Didn't want to make another thread.

But does anyone know how to open mms images through quickpic instead of the stock gallery?
    I disabled the stock gallery and it gives me a "load failed!" message when i open a picture. But works fine if i enable the stock gallery since it opens the picture with it.
    Interesting! I just tried to open a pic from handcent to quickPic and got load failed too! Hmmmmm
    X to Rezound to Galaxy S3

Downloaded QuickPic
    Disabled good for nothing stock gallery.
    Loaded image from SD card to set QuickPic as the default image viewer. (all good)
    Now when i try to load picture from gallery in camera it crashes (the camera app)

So i need to root the phone to set another gallery app.
    Maybe the QuickPic Camera app is a work around - unfortunate as the stock camera app is good - just the gallery sucks ***.
    So bad that i assume they will fix and update shortly (hoping)

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceLoosner View Post
    Downloaded QuickPic
    Disabled good for nothing stock gallery.
    Loaded image from SD card to set QuickPic as the default image viewer. (all good)
    Now when i try to load picture from gallery in camera it crashes (the camera app)

So i need to root the phone to set another gallery app.
    Maybe the QuickPic Camera app is a work around - unfortunate as the stock camera app is good - just the gallery sucks ***.
    So bad that i assume they will fix and update shortly (hoping)
    I also wish to fine a way to use a different gallery app from within the camera app... I only use QuickPic and only use the stock gallery app when viewing previews of photos taken...

If anyone knows how to do this, please point me to the right direction.

Thanks

i have quickpic, but i want all my photos to go to the same album.. how do i make them go there without having to move them every time?

On the chance anyone has found a solution to Handcent not opening pics or vids with QuickPic?
    I just sent this to QuickPic and Handcent...hoping for a reply.
    I'm using the S4
    Not sure which is the culprit but, when I go to view a picture or video sent to me,
    it asks, for a default viewer. I chose Quickpic but, it defaults back to the stock
    Gallery viewer. In Settings, I disabled the Gallery app but Handcent just will not
    use QuickPic to view.
    Is this a known issue?

This seems to be an issue with the latest Handcent version. I was previously able to open any pic or vid with QuickPic but now I no longer have an option to choose any app other than gallery. VERY unhappy with this. Looking for a fix and will post if I find any.