Notification Sound Alerts

redskinsnut

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I have tried and tried but I can not figure out how to shut up my email notification sounds. Am I the only one who only wants to be alerted for texts and not emails?

Why are all notifications lumped together in the phone settings? I am using Go Launcher so I don't know if that is a factor or not. Can someone please help? Thanks!

npompei

May 9, 2011
Visit site
With my old Dinc2 I could set sounds for separate notifications (text, email, etc) But with this S3 I can't figure it out. Only 1 sound for all. Touchwiz issue I would believe?

Galaxy S3 - Locked...

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
With my old Dinc2 I could set sounds for separate notifications (text, email, etc) But with this S3 I can't figure it out. Only 1 sound for all. Touchwiz issue I would believe?

Galaxy S3 - Locked...

You can adjust the notification for text messages (scroll to the bottom of the text settings screen). Just added an exchange account and there's also a account specific notification there also.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I have tried and tried but I can not figure out how to shut up my email notification sounds. Am I the only one who only wants to be alerted for texts and not emails?

Why are all notifications lumped together in the phone settings? I am using Go Launcher so I don't know if that is a factor or not. Can someone please help? Thanks!

Have you tried opening your email app, pressing menu and trying to see if theres settings? I know with Gmail, I can turn off/on my notifications, so I'm pretty sure the stock app should work the same.

redskinsnut

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried opening your email app, pressing menu and trying to see if theres settings? I know with Gmail, I can turn off/on my notifications, so I'm pretty sure the stock app should work the same.

Oh ya that was the first thing I tried. I am baffled.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site

Oh ya that was the first thing I tried. I am baffled.

On both of my pop3 accounts, I can set individual notifications, or silent. I open the Email icon (which opens my inbox), Press Menu, Settings, then select the email account, then scroll down to Select Ringtone.

Edit: I know it works because I have mine set to notification tones but my wife's is set to silent. At night I use a custom sound profile in Quick Profile to change notifications to Silent.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've tried to change my Exchange notification sound but messages, reminders and calendar alerts refuse to change. All other alerts change just fine.

Principal Skinner

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Are you able to set specific notification sounds for SMS in the stock messaging app on the Galaxy S III?

I know you can do this with Go SMS but would like to keep the stock messaging app:)

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Are you able to set specific notification sounds for SMS in the stock messaging app on the Galaxy S III?

I know you can do this with Go SMS but would like to keep the stock messaging app:)
If you're talking about individual notifications on a per contact basis the stock app won't do this. I use SMS Popup which works fine and still allows me to use the stock app.

Reactions: Principal Skinner

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
On both of my pop3 accounts, I can set individual notifications, or silent. I open the Email icon (which opens my inbox), Press Menu, Settings, then select the email account, then scroll down to Select Ringtone.

Edit: I know it works because I have mine set to notification tones but my wife's is set to silent. At night I use a custom sound profile in Quick Profile to change notifications to Silent.

Yeah thats what I figured. Not sure why this wouldn't be showing up for the OP

Principal Skinner

May 22, 2010
Visit site
You read my mind, wasn't clear in my original post ...
That's what I figured, guess I'll dl Go SMS. Used it on my DINC but was hoping not to add too many apps on my new GSIII

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza