Wow Apple awarded huge patent.....

gunner49

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I know this might be wrong area but since Im an S3 guy....though t i would share future knowledge. So basically Apple had just been granted a huge patent filed back in 07...Which is basically in a nutshell saying that touch screen is thiers! Really!!

Samsung should go ahead n cutt them off from producing their screens! F$@@# fruit!

http://www.androidauthority.com/app...tent-potential-weapon-against-android-101778/

Sent from my sexy S3...

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

radar320

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Once again Apple has someone in the US patent office in their back pocket. When are these people going to learn that Apple is trying to create a monopoly for themselves by taking other people's ideas and slapping a patent request on them. Apple is trying to squash all competition by using every underhanded back door and loop holes they can imagine. At some point the FTC needs to step in take a hard look at Apple's business practice.

Reactions: Maya

gunner49

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Once again Apple has someone in the US patent office in their back pocket. When are these people going to learn that Apple is trying to create a monopoly for themselves by taking other people's ideas and slapping a patent request on them. Apple is trying to squash all competition by using every underhanded back door and loop holes they can imagine. At some point the FTC needs to step in take a hard look at Apple's business practice.

This a huge deal.....I wonder any guesses who they will go after first....hmmmmm starts with an S and H

Sent from my sexy S3...

snookiesnoo

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I know this might be wrong area but since Im an S3 guy....though t i would share future knowledge. So basically Apple had just been granted a huge patent filed back in 07...Which is basically in a nutshell saying that touch screen is thiers! Really!!

Samsung should go ahead n cutt them off from producing their screens! F$@@# fruit!

Apple scores major iOS graphical user interface patent, potential weapon against Android

Sent from my sexy S3...

Samsung needs Apple far more than Apple needs Samsung. The iPhone 5 will have LG and Sharp screens not Samsung. Apple is also moving away from Samsung in other components. This will cost Samsung billions of $$$ and they are not happy about it. At least they are making money from Android whereas all the others are losing money.
The patent doesn't say what you say it does but it is big for Apple.
Look at Android before and after the iPhone was introduced. Obviously Google copied it.
Google sues companies too. So does Samsung. Microsoft makes $3 to $6 per Android phone because of patents. But because you have an Android phone it's not ok if Apple does?
Any public corporation has a fiduciary duty to their stockholders to pursue their patents. If they don't then none of their patents will be found valid.
The level of ignorance and immaturity of many Android users against Apple is bizarre. It has to be from some sort of envy.
IPhone users on the other hand don't think about Android. They don't care. They are happy with what they have and don't feel the need to go into tirades against Google etc.

Reactions: Ry

BostonDan2

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's such a big deal. Both Google and Samsung have huge patent portfolios that should this turn into a real issue, I'm sure each will spend the time to look closer at their patent portfolios and how they can be applied to apple. Apple stands to lose a lot If this becomes a real issue. I think it ends up being more defensive than anything.

radar320

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Samsung needs Apple far more than Apple needs Samsung. The iPhone 5 will have LG and Sharp screens not Samsung. Apple is also moving away from Samsung in other components. This will cost Samsung billions of $$$ and they are not happy about it. At least they are making money from Android whereas all the others are losing money.
Look at Android before and after the iPhone was introduced. Obviously Google copied it.
Google sues companies too. So does Samsung. Microsoft makes $3 to $6 per Android phone because of patents. But because you have an Android phone it's not ok if Apple does?
Any public corporation has a fiduciary duty to their stockholders to pursue their patents. If they don't then none of their patents will be found valid.
The level of ignorance and immaturity of many Android users against Apple is bizarre. It has to be from some sort of envy.
IPhone users on the other hand don't think about Android. They don't care. They are happy with what they have and don't feel the need to go into tirades against Google etc.
There is no envy to it. I like what I have. I like having the freedom to chose the product that I want and like. I don't like the iphone and never will. And yes companies sue companies all the time. I have issues with a company that is trying to take away my freedom to choose by filing lawsuit after lawsuit after lawsuit, then trying to change their filing just to include other products that may or may not in their mind be infringing on what they claim is their's. Then, after the injunction is lifted, tries to strong arm retailers. It is only going to be a matter of time before judges here start following the judges in the UK and start dismissing this crap!

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

To me the problem is that apple won't license or make deals. They want to get rid of android. I believe every company is entitled to protect their IP and products. Microsoft at least is willing to license just like Nokia. Apple is getting into monopoly territory.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Like I posted in another thread. Apple is scurrrrred.

"Android continues to lead the smartphone market in the U.S., with a majority of smartphone owners (51.8%) using an Android OS handset. Over a third (34.3%) of smartphone owners use an Apple iPhone, and Blackberry owners represented another 8.1 percent of the smartphone market.

Overall among smartphone owners, Apple had the highest manufacturer share of smartphone handsets. Among recent acquirers who obtained their smartphone during June 2012, 54 percent said they chose an Android handset and 36 percent bought an iPhone."

Two Thirds of New Mobile Buyers Now Opting For Smartphones | Nielsen Wire

gonzo2186

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

They don't care, because they're zombies.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Biopsidy

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or is everyone blowing this way out of proportion? This is NOT a big deal. It's a freaking invisible scroll bar people.

Google can just make it virtually invisible (i.e. Barely noticeable to the eye) and avoid this patent altogether.

This is an annoyance at best because it's just one more thing that Google will have to change, but it's not the end of Android as everyone is making it out to be.

The real issue with all these patent battles isn't the fact that you can be awarded a frivolous patent, but the fact that only Apple apparently has figured this out. Does Google not patent anything? Why can Apple steal features from Google and not the other way around. Google needs to patent the notification bar that Apple stole because I bet apple has already applied for it if Google hasn't since you don't have to be the creator of something to patent it.

If other companies don't start patenting their ideas then eventually apple will win because they will own the patents to everything and unlike Microsoft they have no intention of licensing them out. Google needs to stop being stupid and patent things too.

Unfortunately that's just business and apple is playing the game better.

:: Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

anon(859166)

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Okay, apple sues for stupid stuff, anything they can think of. I heard somewhere that apple was trying to sue someone claiming that a touch is a zero time length swipe. Seriously, open your eyes, every company sues cause that's when you know you made it big enough to make other big companies nervous, apple is just a bully about it.

And apple users don't care about droid cause most of them are ignorant about android and think they have the superior device. Its like how apple already said that the "new iphone" will be much better than the SGS3. I personally complain about apple cause i KNOW android is better than apple and hate it when apple users think thier phone is the best.

Samsung Galaxy S3 // tapatalk

Last edited:

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Obviously Google copied it.

Yeah that's a gigantic lie. Every in-law of mine that uses Apple TV, iPhone, iPods, etc... Is always talking about Android. Nice try though. They compare Apple to almost every Android manufacturer when I'm around. And most of them are mature enough to admit the benefits of Android.

Also, stop whining about Google copying Apple. Everyone has and will copy everyone. Just like how Apple copied Xerox in the late 70's when they were developing the Macintosh. If Xerox pulled the same shiz on Apple that they (Apple) pulls on everyone else, we wouldn't be talking about them today. At least Google copies basic ideas and then innovates from there. Apple copies specifics and litigates from there. But you go ahead and keep your head buried in the sand.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

Someone drank some Kool aid.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

BostonDan2

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
All of these companies infringe each others patents. They all continue to file mind boggling frivolous patent applications. I'm sure all of these companies have ended up paying royalties to each other and/or cross-licensing their patents behind closed doors, but we only see the instances where agreement can't be found behind closed doors. The guys that really suffer are the smaller players with great technologies that don't have the patent portfolios of the fortune 500 and end up getting squashed by the abuse of these giants.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Android's footprint is meaningless to Apple. They're a hardware manufacturer and they continue to dominate when it comes to revenue and profits. Not even close. BTW Google continues to get the most revenue from iOS.

Yup. Doesn't matter if Android has 99% market share if Apple is still making money hand over fist.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski