Battery life not as good

Kench33

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
The best I've been able to get out of my s3 was 4 hours screen time. The phone was on for about 18 hours. I can't get anywhere close to that now.

Not sure if any of this will help.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
You have to post the screens to what you're getting now because those screens show what you were getting before (that you are now unable to attain)- which is very good

Kench33

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
These are what I'm getting now. When I first installed the battery app I got like 20 hours the day after a full charge. With 4+ hours screen time. I always have 3g on but 4g on at night for you tube.

eleeezy

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
...sounds right in line for me. The only other phone that will give you comparable or better battery life on verizon is the Maxx or iphone 4s. If ~18hrs not enough for you in a day (meaning you sleep less than 6 hours), why not buy another battery?

Kench33

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
It's good. I just want to know why I was able to get 4+ hours screen on time and now I'm getting about 3

Last edited:

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

What apps do you have running? I was getting that the first few days, but then it stopped. I've since scaled back on the apps and removed ones that were constantly running even when not in use.

Right now I'm at 22 hours up with one hour of display time. 71 percent battery left. It wasn't a heavy phone use day for me. Obviously, the more up time overall will affect how much less display time I get.

Kench33

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys keep your data on all the time? And also another question. If my 3g has two or three bars is it constantly searching for a signal?

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I turn off wi-fi, data, apps before i go to bed so i dont get email notifications when i sleep
with about 7.5 hours of sleep, my battery goes down 6% overnight

ballr4lyf

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I turn off wi-fi, data, apps before i go to bed so i dont get email notifications when i sleep
with about 7.5 hours of sleep, my battery goes down 6% overnight

That's because if your phone charges all the way up to 100%, the phone will stop charging. It doesn't start charging again until the battery level reaches a certain threshold--usually around the 95% mark.

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
That's because if your phone charges all the way up to 100%, the phone will stop charging. It doesn't start charging again until the battery level reaches a certain threshold--usually around the 95% mark.

No this was my battery was at 66% the night before. Checked the next morning and it was 60%

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Battery is great for me. Never been below 50%. Charge it overnight. Never turn off data, but I do have wifi off since I have unlimited data.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm seeing pretty damn good battery life - WiFi on all the time and using it a good bit off the day. I think the lowest I've been is 27%.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
What apps do you have running? I was getting that the first few days, but then it stopped. I've since scaled back on the apps and removed ones that were constantly running even when not in use.

Right now I'm at 22 hours up with one hour of display time. 71 percent battery left. It wasn't a heavy phone use day for me. Obviously, the more up time overall will affect how much less display time I get.

i took all the vzw and some samsung bloat out and jusy use opera and tapatalk all day

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently at 40 hours on , 2.5 display time and 30 percent battery left. I think I alleviated whatever was causing my issues.

FishMeetFish

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I just finished charging my S3 for the 3rd time today!!! I think I need a much bigger battery, but I like to keep my phone thin and light. I already removed lots of bloatware, but it is not helping.

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
What did you do?

Switched from push email to pulling pop3 every 15, disabled every Verizon app I could and all the samsung apps with the exception of AllShare Play (I use it) and the main Samsung account (which is needed for ASP). I keep my screen on the minimum (unless a situation calls for a brighter display). I also disabled activesync exchange services as I no longer need them and it was still running sometimes. From what I read on XDA, that is a common occurence on Samsung's ICS builds with various phones.

I never use WiFi, I'm always on 4G. An hour of my display time was streaming HBO Go last night.

I obviously don't need 40 hours between charges, but I think with these settings if I use the display for a few more hours it will balance out right. The first couple days when I hadn't installed much or anything I was getting 18 hours on with 5.5-6 of display time with some hbo streaming and a lot of net browsing and texting.

Reactions: btailor684

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance