Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Default Gorilla Glass on Camera? ...and blurry pics

Apologies if this has topic already has a thread.

After a few weeks of taking numerous photos with my SIII, I've noticed that the slightest fingerprint on the camera lens causes the pic to be blurry, especially in brighter spots of the photo. I get some pretty awful hazing, glowing, etc.

To get around this, I now find myself wiping the lens before nearly every pic I take. It takes care of the problem immediately. But I started wondering "Is the glass that covers the camera possibly Gorilla Glass? How likely is it that the glass will end up permanently scratched, scraped, etc.?"

I own a professional camera as well, so I'm religious about cleaning/wiping lenses with only soft material, so I don't ever wipe the SIII with any rough cloth, etc. But, I do wonder if the glass is robust enough to stand up to thousands of cleanings.

Thoughts?

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Default Re: Gorilla Glass on Camera? ...and blurry pics

It could be gorilla glass, but I don't think it is.
    Could it be that the camera isn't focusing right?

I don't use the camera on the phone as much. I have a separate camera for taking pictures (1D mark II)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

It's unrelated to focusing - as I mentioned, the slightest fingerprint, etc. causes the camera to have a nasty glow/haze around brighter spots of the image. As soon as you wipe the lens, it's crystal clear.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

You might just have to wipe the glass before shots then. But cleaning it shouldn't show noticeable wear on the glass, unless you're using a rough cloth or something.

I wish it could be as simple as slapping a filter on there.
    Thanked by:
    cjayne 

I've noticed this, too, but I normally try to make a habit of wiping the lens before taking a pic anyway.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I had the same issue. FXcamera does not take the blurry pics.

Try it and see.

try changing the phone case, cuz i was having the same problem with my s3, later on i bought a different cover nd suddenly camera starting working perfectly.. I know it seems kind of stupid but it actually worked..
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

fingerprints arent good for ANY camera!! Literally. I mean if their is an enemy of cameras, it is a fingerprint on the lens! its like saying, when i put bad gas in my car, it doesnt run right.

No.. It's not Corning gorilla g. It's manufactured contractually seperate in fact there have been numerous complaints about blurry photos or videos and scratched lenses. I have a scratch on mine right now and find that numerous times I take photos or video its blurry or doesn't quite take a clear picture like there's film on the lense

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Not to be anal or neurotic, but you aren't wiping the lens with your shirt/cloth - you're wiping protective glass over the lens....

Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    No.. It's not Corning gorilla g. It's manufactured contractually seperate in fact there have been numerous complaints about blurry photos or videos and scratched lenses. I have a scratch on mine right now and find that numerous times I take photos or video its blurry or doesn't quite take a clear picture like there's film on the lense

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    do you have site or anything that can confirm this?

Global Posts
    1,375 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Someone a while back posted a chat log with Samsung about GG. They asked if it had it and they did confirm the S3 had GG.

4G LTE Thunderbolt

So you are saying a person can take a picture with the default camera, get a blurry pic, then wipe the lens clean, take a clear picture with the default camera but the "real" solution is to use FXcamera and then you don't have to clean the lens?

-Suntan

Quote Originally Posted by Bond32 View Post
    Someone a while back posted a chat log with Samsung about GG. They asked if it had it and they did confirm the S3 had GG.

Well yes the gs3 has gg but does it have it on the lense...he might have asked if it had gg and they said yes but did he say the camers?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums