Brain buster! SMS vs. MMS Picture TEXT

gsxr150

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

I'm new to verizon. With my Sprint GS2, and I thought when I first purchased this one, my picture texts went as standard texts... Now every picture text I send says "MMS" next to it with a little play button. The picture on the receiving end is smaller. Did I mess us the settings somewhere? How do you send a picture as a regular text message so there is no play button and the picture is a bit larger?

Thanks!!

cusco

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
What I found out is...when you send a picture with a description it will have the play button. Also when incoming pic msg have a description it will have the play button. When it's just a regular picture with no description there will be no play button and you can zoom in also. Hope this helps.

Reactions: lv2bsilly

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
AFAIK, sending a picture message means sending an MMS. SMS is text only, 160 characters.

gsxr150

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
What I found out is...when you send a picture with a description it will have the play button. Also when incoming pic msg have a description it will have the play button. When it's just a regular picture with no description there will be no play button and you can zoom in also. Hope this helps.

Cusco- you are brilliant! That's exactly what it was. It is still an MMS message but the picture looks much better...zoom/larger etc.

clavodulce16

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Galaxy S3 had a bug when sending picture with any text it will automatically conver to slideshow. I dont know about VZW but Sprint sent OTA which corrected this issue.
update LG8