Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Impressed so far

Got My S3 on tuesday and coming from a D3, I am impressed with the S3, it makes my D3 look and feel ancient. Im still fooling around with setttings and such and putting apps on it. besides 4G which is super awesome, I would have to say that so far the biggest thing that has impressed me is battery life, with my normal use a few phone calls checking email and 2 email accounts pushing emails to my phone. I got 18 hour of battery life and still have 20 percent left where my D3 would have a dead battery(even with extended battery). Also having had slider phones with full qwerty keyboards teh last several years. I am not having any issues with typing on a virtual keyboard only.

Least favorite so far is the inconsistency with S voice. Im hoping for a software update to fix issues

All in all this was a great upgrade for me and I think that I will stick to this phone for a while.

Default Re: Impressed so far

agreed... best phone out now.... and S voice is a total joke..... doesn't work as I was hoping it would...

Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa7272 View Post
    Got My S3 on tuesday and coming from a D3, I am impressed with the S3, it makes my D3 look and feel ancient. Im still fooling around with setttings and such and putting apps on it. besides 4G which is super awesome, I would have to say that so far the biggest thing that has impressed me is battery life, with my normal use a few phone calls checking email and 2 email accounts pushing emails to my phone. I got 18 hour of battery life and still have 20 percent left where my D3 would have a dead battery(even with extended battery). Also having had slider phones with full qwerty keyboards teh last several years. I am not having any issues with typing on a virtual keyboard only.

Least favorite so far is the inconsistency with S voice. Im hoping for a software update to fix issues

All in all this was a great upgrade for me and I think that I will stick to this phone for a while.
    Coming fom the D3 myself, I know exactly how you feel. This phone has been the best phone I have owned to date! I love that we have very few issues with this phone. The only complaints I have (s voice, keyboard predictability) are so minor, they almost don't exist! I love this phone!

I have had a chance to use the S3 for a couple of days. I have. Line that I don't use and it was due for an upgrade. I decided that before I cancelled the line that I would upgrade to the S3 to play with for a while, then sell the phone and use the money to cancel the line. The phone seemed smooth. I'm an iPhone user, but the S3 was almost as smooth which is impressive considering that the device can operate with many widgets on the screen. The screen size was good. I still prefer a slightly smaller screen though. The browser was fast. About even with my 4S. Pictures were good. Overall the device is very intuitive. There is a lot of bloatware, but that doesn't bother me too much. I was thinking that if I bought it and really liked it, even more than my 4S that I would consider switching it to my line. It was close, but not quite there for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

you can disable most bloat ware anyway.

Nvrmind, Google defined bloatware for me.

Iphones have just as much bloatware Imo. I had a 4s for 6months

Tapatalk'd from my Galaxy S3

Mine is great but one annoyance is the page rendering function after double tapping to zoom while surfing the web. Chrome works good but I'm not having luck with other browsers. They zoom in off center.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Quote Originally Posted by t35rk View Post
    Mine is great but one annoyance is the page rendering function after double tapping to zoom while surfing the web. Chrome works good but I'm not having luck with other browsers. They zoom in off center.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    , opera

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2