FB mobile website

shantheman#AC

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
OK...I posted this same day I got the phone...and ive even dine a hard reset since then...
The mobile Facebook page freezes the web browser and sometimes freezes the phone from even being able to turn screen off from the power switch. Anyone else experience this?
I don't want the FB app cause it sucks too. But I'm left with no ability to do FB on my S3 it seems.
Any advice or recommendations?

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Hi,
Sorry to hear that. I do not use the official FB app, instead I use Friendcaster and have no problem with it.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
@ OP: Is there a reason you don't use the App?
Which browsers has it occurred on?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

breeze

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not the OP, but it occurs on the stock browser at one level deep in Facebook. In other words if you touch a Facebook post to go to it, the browser then freezes. I tried various solutions for days with no luck. The only thing that worked was to switch to Chrome and it works great. I haven't used the stock browser since.

shantheman#AC

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Breeze: thanks for at least confirming it wasn't just my phone. It is driving me crazy.
Lanhoj: stock browser...and the fb app pretty much sucks. Someone mentioned friendcaster...is that a fb alternative app?
I may try out Chrome then.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Friend casters is an alternative app. It is MUCH faster than the Facebook app. It just takes a bit of time to get used to the different layout.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: trekmario

LionKing30

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
OK...I posted this same day I got the phone...and ive even dine a hard reset since then...
The mobile Facebook page freezes the web browser and sometimes freezes the phone from even being able to turn screen off from the power switch. Anyone else experience this?
I don't want the FB app cause it sucks too. But I'm left with no ability to do FB on my S3 it seems.
Any advice or recommendations?

same here, and everytime I click on a picture, it takes for ever, and says internet not responding, closing app. it just sucks. can't even save images either now... constantly locking up...

shantheman#AC

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if this is a Google or Touchwiz issue. Prob the latter.
Let's hope it is fixed in an update...I like my quick controls on the stock browser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech