Please Help with this phone

allsop377

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
First I must say, I am not an Apple fanboy nor Android...so please don't flame me. I went from an IPhone 4 to this phone to take advantage of Subsidized 199 price and to keep my unlimited plan.

I have to say, I am a plug the phone in and everything works (music,web,texts etc) and I am not familar with all the tech aspects of Android.

First, I am having issues with the messaging app that comes on the phone, I find it difficult to read, so I downloaded GO SMS Pro..which I like.

My main issue and the reason I may return the phone, is with regards to the music in Itunes, I have over 1500 songs in the library, I have heard of ISyncer but it wont move all song, something about DRM and all and I am not familiar with that. And you can't connect via USB. I am currently trying to copy music folder from my MAC to my SD Card which i have connected via USB...does this work??

I currently rent from a family, and I don't have WIFI, I use a USB Stick for my 'net, reason why I need unlimited data.

Any help or suggestions to make this changeover a little more tolerable as my patience is running very thin.

Thanks again for anyone that can give me some guidance as to what I am doing right or doing wrong. Am I expecting to much..I would rather pay full retail for the new IPhone but almost feeling I may need to.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
you should probably just get your I phone. The Android os might be a little complicated for you...

I wholeheartedly agree! Sounds like he may need something simple rather than complex for his music needs. Amazing how Apple keeps their user base TIED into their products!

And as far as getting your itunes music ported over from your iphone, its highly unlikely or hard to do. Apple purposely makes it this way so users get frustrated trying and just give back into their products. This keeps you with them forever, hence, you become their slave!

doug.saunders

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
you should probably just get your I phone. The Android os might be a little complicated for you...

Not cool via cop.

As for Itunes there are some programs that should try to fit the bill. I'm a root and mod guy don't care much about music. I'll look around, but let's hope someone smart then me adds some info on Itunes
Good luck

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Kench33

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if you tried just putting music on your sd card by itself or not. That's how I did it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: allsop377

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
@Va Cop and Grooveright: Maybe you guys should try to help him instead of just blowing off any previous iPhone user who dares to have the gall or audacity to have a problem or confusion around using Android. Sweet Geebus, guys, we're supposed to be here to help.

To the OP, DRM = Digital Rights Management. It's basically an attempt to prevent you being able to use your purchased media on other devices (to try to prevent you being able to copy it and give it to all your buddies, but it also has the side effect of preventing you using your purchased media on your other devices....like non-Apple devices).

My understanding is that Apple removed the DRM restrictions back in 2009(?), but anything purchased before that would still have it in place. I think you can remove it by redownloading those songs that might still have it (but I'm honestly not sure....I haven't used iTunes for a few years).

Once DRM is removed, you should just be able to copy the .mp3 files right to the phone via USB. You'll first have to into Menu -> Settings -> Developer Options and check the "USB Debugging" box. This will let you just plug the phone in with a USB cable and it will mount it just like a Thumb Drive so you can copy files to it. Doesn't really matter where you put them since the phone will pick up all your audio files in the media player, but you can just create a "Music" folder or something if you want.

You can also use DoubleTwist, which will allow you to sync up with iTunes.

I hope that helps.

Last edited:

allsop377

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Kench/Evil Monkey were the most helpful..thank you. I let my frustrations get in the way so I apologize for coming across a little naive..I have used a Droid in the past so I still have a basic unstanding of how it works.

I was able to use my original droid 16GB card and plugged it into a reader and moved the entire music folder (about 7 gigs) onto the card without loosing many songs (maybe 30 or so), I was even able to use the remaining credit and purchased 5 new one in IT and they moved without a problem.

Again thanks for people who actually to help me understand how to do it rather than just suggest getting another Iphone.

Now that I have my music on the phone my experience is becoming a lot easier. Granted I am sure I still have a lot to learn, but as I mentioned I am not interested in rooting and the other complex *to me at least* tasks that the device can do.

Last edited:

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Kench/Evil Monkey were the most helpful..thank you. I let my frustrations get in the way so I apologize for coming across a little naive..I have used a Droid in the past so I still have a basic unstanding of how it works.

I was able to use my original droid 16GB card and plugged it into a reader and moved the entire music folder (about 7 gigs) onto the card without loosing many songs (maybe 30 or so), I was even able to use the remaining credit and purchased 5 new one in IT and they moved without a problem.

Again thanks for people who actually to help me understand how to do it rather than just suggest getting another Iphone.

Now that I have my music on the phone my experience is becoming a lot easier. Granted I am sure I still have a lot to learn, but as I mentioned I am not interested in rooting and the other complex *to me at least* tasks that the device can do.

Remember: "The only dumb question is the one you don't ask" There are plenty of people who will help out!

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
New here, but "maybe" download the itunes to computer and upload by Kies Air? would that possibly work? just a thought.

Kench33

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I was going to try kies but it just seems like too much work for me. Just insert my sd card and transfer music from there.

allsop377

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
The SD fix seemed to work really well....Still figuring stuff out but I am getting there, just found the video feature where you can play a vid on top of other windows..def a cool feature.

For those who helped out thanks..feel free to PM me any other things that i may not have found yet. I did change the stock messenger app to GO SMS..much cleaner looking..just can't do the hold the phone to your ear to reach that contact...but not a big deal at all.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm still using my 4S but I've gone back and forth between phones so much (yes I'm a weird guy who likes both iOS and Android) so I've run into the same issue. This was incredibly tedious but I went through each and every song in my playlist that I had purchased from iTunes since 2005 or whenever I started using it and removed the DRM from the file. I can't 100% remember how I did it, I just know that I found a tutorial online and it took me a couple weeks. Search for how to remove DRM on Google and I know there are numerous sites that have tutorials. I know it has something to do with making a copy of the song, opening in Windows explorer and then importing the song back into iTunes but importing it as an mp3. This removes the DRM. Then you can delete the DRM file. Like I said, it was tedious but now I have ZERO DRM songs out of 10,000.

Then you can upload everything to Google Music or use DoubleTwist or iSyncer to get all your music on your phone easily.

And don't listen to the jackwads who come here and provide no help. You had a legit question, and I'm glad some people have given you good info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech