Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery life tips

What are people doing for better battery life. Is anyone using any apps. I'm on 91% after 4minutes of screen use that's not good. I need some help here.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Disable S voice to begin with... and maybe the bloatware... just with s voice disabled my battery increased a lot....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Battery life tips

Disabled the bloatware and S apps as well, and keep the screen brightness only as high as I need it to be to see in the ambient light. I shut off the auto-brightness. I didn't really do much else and am getting fantastic battery life. I'm at 91% battery after almost 3 hrs off charger and 22 min screen time w/light web browsing and streaming music.

What does your phone say is using your battery up? (Settings->Battery)

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

In addition to what others mentioned, I do this

On pulldown

Turn off when not needed
    Bluetooth, GPS, Sync

Turn on always
    Power Saving

Menu/Location Services

Turn off when not needed
    VZW location services
    Standlone GPS
    Google location services

Menu/Security/Lockscreen options
    I turn off everything but Shortcuts and Clock

Menu/Motion
    I turn off everything

Somewhere I read switching to a darker Wallpaper for Home and Lockscreen also helps, so I did this too.

[EDIT] I'm at 55% batt/22 hours/1.45 screen on time.

Cheers!

How many widgets do you guys use? I they to limit them since they seem to really use up the battery.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

How do you disable S voice?

Application manager

Tapatalk'd from my Galaxy S3

Oh yes duh. I looked before I posted but didn't see it listed. It defaults to downloaded apps first. Thanks

I'm still using juice defender ultimate and works like a charm. Being able to schedule when and for how long your phone syncs makes it last 24+ hrs

Global Posts
    454 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I haven't disabled any bloatware yet. But I keep power saving on, and turn off gps, wifi, and Bluetooth. Also, when I'm driving, I'll turn off data. I normally keep my phone in 3G because 4G is a hog. It usually last me a day and a half. I'll try having sync turned off as well to squeeze out a little more juice

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Another way you can extend the longevity and life of your battery is to monitor the temperature and voltage of the battery. I use Curvefish's Batterylife app. Temps above 86 F and above 4.0v are generally going to kill your battery faster than if you keep temps and volts lower. Also, frequent charges throughout the day are a good thing so as to not drain the battery too low.