Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Default Transfering game data?

I am sure this has been answered, just not sure how to word it on a search. My girl bought a new S3. She played lots of games on her old phone. how can you transfer that saved data over to the new phone from the old so she is not having to start her games all over?

Default Re: Transfering game data?

root, use titanium backup to backup data on old phone, root gs3, use titanium backup to restore. There are other apps as well.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Rooting is not and will never be an option.

Some app games have an option to transfer the game to the new phone

in addition, for some games like angry birds, there are 3rd party apps that will backup data. Other than that, you have very limited choices if you choose not to root for app data backup and restore.

My dx2 is rooted, titanium bu premium, and my games are backed up, is there a way to transfer that data without rooting my sgs3? I see the apk to get the app but I don't know how the two other files are used...thanks in advance

Afaik, transferring app data by titanium backup requires root.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Its her Smurf game she is upset about. Lol. Thanks for your advice. Hopefully i can find a work around. I'm not comfortable in rooting the phone and possibly bricking it.