Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Default Profile Pictures for My Contacts

How do I get pictures to show up in my contacts that have a Facebook profile picture??

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Profile Pictures for My Contacts

Set up your Facebook account and enable sync'ing. It works fine for me unless I'm misunderstanding something.

ROM
    RunnyMik/stock

You have to sign into both the Facebook app (if you want to use it) and the Facebook for syncing in the add accounts screen. Give it a few minutes to get caught up and then go through anyone that isn't showing a picture and make sure that the phone paired the contact to the Facebook contact. Occasionally it won't make a logical jump from say Jen X in you contacts to Jennifer Xavier on your Facebook account so you have to manually link the two.

Global Posts
    4,590 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

But when you sign out of FB...all contact pictures that have sync'd are gone. I guess I'm in left field.

Just for the record it works fine with FriendCaster as well if you don't want to use the actual Facebook app.

HaxSync works great

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

Just sync facebook under accounts and sync, no need to log off, but turn off all notifications in the app itself.
    fillyo
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 on CM10

ROM
    Stock

I suggest you consider a third-party for syncing contact pictures. I've found Facebook contacts sync to be just fantastic for two reasons:

1. The pictures display with much higher quality. It just looks great when you're making a call to see a higher-quality picture display when you're making a call rather than a boxy, pixelated mish mosh.

2. I use Go SMS Pro as my texting app, and I could never get it to display Facebook contact pictures for each of my conversations. With the third-party application, they now display and look great!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums