How do I get pictures to show up in my contacts that have a Facebook profile picture??

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    07-24-2012 09:30 AM
    Set up your Facebook account and enable sync'ing. It works fine for me unless I'm misunderstanding something.
    07-24-2012 09:36 AM
    You have to sign into both the Facebook app (if you want to use it) and the Facebook for syncing in the add accounts screen. Give it a few minutes to get caught up and then go through anyone that isn't showing a picture and make sure that the phone paired the contact to the Facebook contact. Occasionally it won't make a logical jump from say Jen X in you contacts to Jennifer Xavier on your Facebook account so you have to manually link the two.
    07-24-2012 09:48 AM
    But when you sign out of FB...all contact pictures that have sync'd are gone. I guess I'm in left field.
    07-24-2012 09:56 AM
    Just for the record it works fine with FriendCaster as well if you don't want to use the actual Facebook app.
    07-24-2012 11:13 AM
    HaxSync works great
    07-24-2012 12:16 PM
    Just sync facebook under accounts and sync, no need to log off, but turn off all notifications in the app itself.
    07-24-2012 12:33 PM
    I suggest you consider a third-party for syncing contact pictures. I've found Facebook contacts sync to be just fantastic for two reasons:

1. The pictures display with much higher quality. It just looks great when you're making a call to see a higher-quality picture display when you're making a call rather than a boxy, pixelated mish mosh.

2. I use Go SMS Pro as my texting app, and I could never get it to display Facebook contact pictures for each of my conversations. With the third-party application, they now display and look great!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    07-24-2012 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD