Google contacts disappeared this morning!!

JetJock79

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone. Just got Galaxy S III and love it so far. Just had an issue this morning though where I lost all my contacts from google. Backup assistant contacts are all there......but not my google contacts. How do I get them back? Thanks!!

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone. Just got Galaxy S III and love it so far. Just had an issue this morning though where I lost all my contacts from google. Backup assistant contacts are all there......but not my google contacts. How do I get them back? Thanks!!

First log into your google account online and make sure they are still there. If they are you just need to go into your phone settings in the account section and sync contacts under google. If they are not found in either spot, you can go into your gmail account, find the contacts section, and select the option that allows you to use a "restore point". Even when you "erase" your contacts, they are still retrievable for 30 days.

JetJock79

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the feedback!! I tried looking up contacts in my gmail account.....and there isn't a link for the contacts. I remember that every time I put in a new contact, it would asked I wanted to back it up with backup assistant, or google. I always picked google. Wen I got the phone about a week ago.....everything just synced to itself just fine.....except for this morning when those contacts all disappeared! I haven't been able to find the restore point either in gmail. When I look up the account on my phone.....it only has an option to sync email......no contacts. I pretty savvy with new toys...but this one has me totally baffled!!

JetJock79

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Never mind....just got it. Somehow....my google account was removed....not gmail....just the google account. Put it back on.....synced it......and there She is!! Any way of syncing everything now to both google and backup assistant so they both reflect the same? Thanks again for your help!!!

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Never mind....just got it. Somehow....my google account was removed....not gmail....just the google account. Put it back on.....synced it......and there She is!! Any way of syncing everything now to both google and backup assistant so they both reflect the same? Thanks again for your help!!!

Fyi the Gmail logo on the left side of the email home screen. Click the arrow next to it and it opens a drop down menu. That is where the contacts link is.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

JetJock79

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Didn't really have a choice until I understood what backup assistant was. After that......I stopped using it completely. Just thought it would help to save contacts in two places, but all of Verizon's stuff just makes it so difficult to play nice with anything else.

On a positive note......have been using this phone for almost two weeks, and LOVE it. Very happy and not even worried about iPhone 5. Once again....Android does it for me!

Dartpro

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Every morning for the past week, my contacts are missing from my Samsung galaxy s3.i have to restart my phone in order to recover them! Is there an easier way?

wrae82

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
When you figure it out let me know :/ Mine has been doing this a couple times a week for the past couple of months. My husband's phone doesn't do it so idk if it is just a defective phone or what.

Lafaye50

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the feedback!! I tried looking up contacts in my gmail account.....and there isn't a link for the contacts. I remember that every time I put in a new contact, it would asked I wanted to back it up with backup assistant, or google. I always picked google. Wen I got the phone about a week ago.....everything just synced to itself just fine.....except for this morning when those contacts all disappeared! I haven't been able to find the restore point either in gmail. When I look up the account on my phone.....it only has an option to sync email......no contacts. I pretty savvy with new toys...but this one has me totally baffled!!