Puscase From Verizon Or Best Buy
11-16-2012 01:36 PM
- I'm sure everybody has had good and bad experiences with both. Verizon will not honor my loyalty discount after I bought a phone online and returned it the next day several months ago and as far as that goes I had to call and email them several times before they would reinstate my upgrade status almost 3 months later. The loyalty discount was not used on said purchase because the phone was on sale and the sale price was greater than the discount so that is why it wasn't applied. When I spoke to them about why my discount on My Verizon says I'm eligible,and it doesn't show up at checkout their response was basically that i'm lucky to get a phone for such a cheap price on contract whether it's on sale or not. I have been doing some lurking around the web and found I can bet a SG3 about $60 cheaper at Best Buy.
OK my rant is over and my questions are:
1. Will I be able to keep my existing plan ( I don't have unlimited data ) ?
2, Will Verizon help me with customer service or will i have to go to Best Buy for the duration of
the 2 year contract ?
3. Can I still use MY VERIZON to pay my bill or make any plan changes ?07-25-2012 09:04 AM
2.for 1st 14 days, go through bb for phone issues, after that, verizon for the remainder of the one year warranty. Verizon will still help you, but won't warranty a phone after one year, unless you purchased the extended warranty.
3. Yes. Although Some 3rd party have an additional etf, not sure if bb does or not.07-25-2012 09:08 AM
- Best Buy does not impose any additional fees unlike Amazon Wireless or WireFly if you make changes to your account after purchase..
I believe Best Buy also has a greater return policy - I think they give you 30 days for an exchange. Verizon sets the 14 day window which effectively locks you into your contract after this period.
Some people like their Black Tie thing and the buy back program but that's up to you.07-25-2012 09:17 AM
- Since we're talking buying options, anyone have any experience with NewEgg? Simplexity is the 3rd party vendor I think, but I got an e-mail offer thru the Egg that beats the VZW or BB price by $50 per device, includes free next day FedEx, and comes with a $25 NE gift card with each device as well. I've never gotten my phones anywhere but VZW (of course I'd never rooted until I got my Fascinate either), but this offer seems pretty good.
Any comments are appreciated!07-25-2012 09:59 AM
- I buy my phones at best buy and it is the better way to go. No additional fees, 30 day exchange policy with no restocking fee. 60 days if you are a RZ premier silver member. Their extended warranty is $10 per month with a 0 deductible, rapid exchange (3 days) with the ability to get a loaner phone. It covers everything but loss and there is no limit to how many times you can use it.
They honor upgrades and can get everything set up for you.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk07-25-2012 10:24 AM
- Rackermike I noticed that offer as well , but when I go through the process and I believe Amazon as well they both let me keep my existing data but change my messaging to 1000 for $10. I currently have unlimited mobile to mobile and 1000 to other carriers phones and i dont want to loose that. Ebay through Best Buy Mobile Solutions is offering GS3 for $179.99 before a %20 discount and Androidcentral is offering a %25 discount with a $30 shopandroid gift card also through Best Buy. With the information the previous 2 posters gave I think it's Best Buy for me.07-25-2012 10:25 AM
- imhipper...thanks for the info. I like the BB idea, but I was hoping for the blue 32GB model and no one near me has it in stock. I have the unlimited data plan currently, but since I'm not going to spring for the full retail phones, I think I'll begrudgingly be switching to the Share Everything plan and hope the 4G doesn't have me paying thru the nose. We each only use about 0.5GB a month now, but I'm sure the allure of 4G speeds will bump that up a good bit
And of course, I'm hoping the rumor about VZW pushing an update that unlocks the bootloader proves to be true as well.
Thanks and looking forward to more thoughts so I can get this going!07-25-2012 10:57 AM
- rackermike ... i found this promo on the android central homepage. Just scroll down and the promo link will be halfway down the page. I believe you have to use that link to use the androidcentral promo code ( ACSAVE25 ) and all the information is there. The only thing like i mentioned in the previous post was that it says the blue 32 is only available for store pick up but you can now choose to have it shipped.07-25-2012 11:41 AM
- Just pulled the trigger and ordered a blue 32 gb SG3 through Best Buy with the androidcentral promotion with a $30 shopandroid gift card that I will use to buy a decent case with. Saved $62.50 from what Verizon would of charged me.
Thanks for everyone's advice made my choice of Best Buy more comforting.07-25-2012 02:50 PM
- 07-25-2012 08:55 PM
- 07-26-2012 08:17 AM
- Be very careful with "The Mart". They have a very restrictive return policy. I bought a TomTom a couple years ago and didn't like it. Because it was "discounted" there was no returns allowed. They pulled the same crap on me with some furniture that was not the color we ordered.
Best Buy will price match them and is much more flexible and easy to deal with. I no longer do business with NFM.07-26-2012 09:42 AM
Also, you must return within 14 days for your upgrade to be reset. After 14 days, verizon would consider the 2 year contract extension final. You can still do exchanges or returns after 14 days through best buy, but you will lose the upgrade.07-26-2012 10:09 AM
- Just ordered two blue 32GB S3s from New Egg for $199 each plus a $25 NE gift card with each. Should be delivered Monday. Not quite as good as the AC deal, but their site was making me order each individually which was more of a hassle (and twice the chance for issues). Now if a local BB had the blue 32 in stock for me to pick up today I might have dealt with it.
Anyway, thanks for the tip, imhipper...always good to have more shopping options!07-27-2012 09:46 AM
- I have a couple questions related to this and I'm hoping someone has some experience to help me out.
I've been trying to buy an SIII from the ac bbm site but since I'm a business customer they won't allow it. Is there any way around this? I've tried calling in and they say they can put in an order but cant offer me the 25% discount(even though its done through best buy mobile). This is driving me crazy. What a way to make business customers(that spend more) feel really welcome!
Also, I tried putting together an order on 3 sites(ac.bbm, radio shack, and newegg) and each one has a $30 upgrade fee. Do they do this now? I've upgraded phones before many times and the upgrade fee was the cost of the phone, nothing extra. Any way to circumvent that? I'm also having trouble finding information on that $25 newegg card. I dont see it anywhere.07-27-2012 10:51 AM
- jovox...can't speak to the BBY business issue, but I do believe the $30 upgrade fee is a VZW charge that you'll be paying now on your VZW bill whether you upgrade through them or through a 3rd party.
As for the NE gift card, it was added automatically to my order. I know it says it's valid only with a new 2 year agreement, so I don't know if something about your business account invalidates that.
I'm attaching a link to the NE promo description for you if it works...good luck!
http://wireless.newegg.com/images/pr...ift%20Card.jpg07-27-2012 11:14 AM
- Samsung Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S3
- Verizon Galaxy S III
Puscase From Verizon Or Best Buy
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD