1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S3 Bluetooth and streaming audio Autoconnect?

The bluetooth streaming audio on the S3 seems very buggy. with PREVIOUS android phones - Droid X2 and Tilt2, my bluetooth audio (I use an aftermarket Blackberry bluetooth audio gateway adapter) would automatically connect when I got into my car and started it - POOF - it paired and connected. Now with the "More advanced" Samsung S3, EVERY TIME I get into the car, it never connects to the bluetooth streaming audio. I am forced to manually go into settings and manually pair the Samsung S3 with my Bluetooth gateway!!

Additionally, my wife's car has integrated streaming audio, as well as phone audio. Again, her previous Droid 3 always paired up automatically, but now with her Samsung S3, she has to unpair, then re-pair, in order to make the bluetooth pairings actually work. I sure hope Verizon/Samsung are reading these boards and intend on addressing this , as it is a BIG pain to have spent more money to get a "New and improved" smartphone, and feel as though I have taken a step backwards.....

I'm having the same issues. Never had a problem with my incredible.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: S3 Bluetooth and streaming audio Autoconnect?

I dont know what type of vehicle you have or if it has an aftermarket stereo, but in my Hyundai Sonata, I was having the same problem. I discovered that in my stereo settings, I had to make the S3 my priority phone versus the iphone 4s, which I had owned previously. Since then, it has connected every single time I have gotten in the car. I dont believe all bluetooth stereos have this option, but maybe something to look into.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

What I am using is a Blackberry Bluetooth Stereo Gateway, which is simply a bluetooth receiver with a 3.5mm plug that I plug into the AUX input of my car stereo. There are really no settings on the BB Gateway, just a status light that says you are paired and connected. Initial pairing is done and 0000 is enetered as the password. It worked fine on my previous phones, but for whatever reason the S3 does not like it.

I will see about a "priority phone" setting on my wife's Subaru Forester, which has integrated BT for phone and streaming audio.

Having the same problem with phone and my Samsung phone is the only phone paired with my Sonata. Any other ideas?

I have a Kenwood aftermarket stereo with BT built in. I had a problem several updates ago where the phone cwould connect, but not music. I rebooted my phone and everything cleared up. Since JB update, I've not had any problems. My wife's phone (S3 also) paired up with no problems and works great.

Similar setup here:

Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    BlackBerry Stereo Gateway (for A2DP)
    2010 Honda Handsfree Link (for calls)

My old phone was a Droid Charge and the one before that was the Droid Incredible. Both connnected flawlessly to both bluetooth devices. In fact, my extensive research led me to the blackberry gateway device because it boots faster than any other A2DP device on the market at the time. This speedy boot up allowed my android devices to connect to it first and the Honda integrated handsfree bluetooth second.

Just got a Note 2 today and no dice. I turn the key on the car and I can see the A2DP device connect for q split second, flash red, and then disconnect. The Honda handsfree connects without ussue every time.

Like I said, never had this issue with either of my previous android devices.