Music - where should i store it?

bwbski

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Where should I store my music. I currently have the 16gig version and want to put music on it. Should I buy the 64gig card? and put it on there? If i put some on the internal memory can i delete it later and transfer it to the card I do not yet have?

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Where should I store my music. I currently have the 16gig version and want to put music on it. Should I buy the 64gig card? and put it on there? If i put some on the internal memory can i delete it later and transfer it to the card I do not yet have?

I recommend using the built in storage for apps and get the micro sd for music and pics... that's what I do..

And yes you can transfer from the internal to the sd...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

jaebberwock

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I recommend storing pictures and videos in phone memory and music on the external sd drive. I use quickpic and pictures load much more fluidly than when I had it on the sd card.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
But won't you use a lot of data using Google music?

Depends what you mean by a lot. You can store it in Google Music and still save it for offline play on the device. Love not having to have two separate apps to manage my music.

To the OP, I would ask you how much music you have? I wouldn't recommend buying a 64GB card if you have like 4GB of music. In that case, maybe store it on your phone and if you end up needing more space down the line, go buy the card then.

Of course, if you have like 10 or 12GB of music, go get a card now for it. Personally I just use Google Music and stream it all and then I have a few playlists in Google Music stored locally for offline play for when I lose a data connection when I'm driving in rural areas or if I start getting close to my data limit (which really hasn't happened, but I'll be prepared when it does). I probably only have about 1GB of music stored on the phone though.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
But won't you use a lot of data using Google music?

64gb sd card works great.

Yes you can and you need a decent signal to stream or it won't work so it is not an option for me Cuz I need my music in the gym which gets no signal at all so SD card is my only option

GSIII VZW via tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol