1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    ICS blazer ROM

Exclamation my S3 cant hold a charge!! anyone else having this issue?

ok so ive been having some pretty crazy problems with my third S3. to start off i disabled all my bloat and apps that im not using, my GPS is turned off even verizon and google, im not having anything sync to my phone, my brightness is around 40 percent, and i killed all my apps.
    so last night i put my phone on the charger and i woke up it was at 23 percent. so for 7 hours my s3 was just steady at 23 percent. i woke up and turned it off with the phone still on the charger. 3 hours later im at 35 percent. turned it off again and then now 2 hours later im at 42 percent. so i started using it a little. web browsing, text messaging, going through the settings a little and it dropped 4 percent in 5 mins!! what is going on?!?! isnt the phone supposed to charge??not die while using it? i have 3 different charging cables and ive been using them in different outlets for a couple days now and nothing is working. i really love this phone but something is going on. i returned the phone twice because CRAZY battery issues that were going on.
    i appreciate it if you guys help. and i posted a new thread so everyone can see versus my other posts in different threads.

[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Adam/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/mark%20&%20S3/New%20Image.PNG[/IMG]

Default Re: my S3 cant hold a charge!! anyone else having this issue?

probably have a defective phone. Call Verizon to get a replacement.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    ICS blazer ROM

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    probably have a defective phone. Call Verizon to get a replacement.
    this is my third phone that i have. it happened twice already. if you have an S3 does yours take a long time to charge? mine is just taking forever!!

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Mine charges just fine and I can play Modern Combat 3 while charging with no problem

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by markespo55 View Post
    this is my third phone that i have. it happened twice already. if you have an S3 does yours take a long time to charge? mine is just taking forever!!
    Install "battery monitor widget" and monitor the charging rate with the display off. It should not be taking that long to charge if you are using the stock charger and cable. If charging through pc then the charge would be much slower. Also, what apps are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by markespo55 View Post
    OK so this is your third phone with this problem? How are you charging it because it sounds like you have a bad charger.

If you are charging on a laptop or PC are you on a USB port that supports higher voltage devices?( some software can fix this I.e asus charge) or are you using your old USB charger that may be lower voltage and amps

Quote Originally Posted by sspediacci View Post
    Mine charges just fine and I can play Modern Combat 3 while charging with no problem

ha speaking of MC3. I dropped ~50% after playing it for about an hour at max screen brightness. Guess I'll be sure to plug in next time I get bored at work.