Verizon's Galaxy SIII screen protector is matte!

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
What a disappointment! Last screen protector I got from Verizon was for my Droid 2 and was completely clear.

This matte screen protector for the Siii shimmers and makes text hard to read.

I hate it.

Don't rush to buy this protector from Verizon.

Now after having wasted $15 on Verizon's I have to find something reasonable that's totally clear and easy to apply!

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
There are two versions we have you got the incorrect version. You got the smudge / anti-glare matte type, but we do carry the basic clear screen protectors. By no means are these of same overall quality and needs for people looking at SPG / Zagg / and other high end options.

Last edited:

anon(862554)

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
the Verizon store here sold two versions. One was called an anti glare version and I'm assuming the other one was a standard version. I didn't get the anti glare because I was afraid it would be kind of like a matte surface. Did you get the kind that's supposed to be anti glare?

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I bought them at vzw and they are not matte and I only paid 9$ for 3 pack (discount) and they are well worth it

GSIII VZW via tapatalk 2

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon's Galaxy S3 screen protector is matte!

They told me they only had the matte screen.

I have Zagg screens on my cameras and they're super - pricey, though.

There are two versions we have you got the incorrect version. You got the smudge / anti-glare matte type, but we do carry the basic clear screen protectors. By no means are these of same overall quality and needs for people looking at SPG / Zagg / and other high end options.

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site

Yes...mine is anti glare and matte - they never offered me a choice.

dhenry11

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I tried the SPG Nano Optics and was unsatisfactory - matte and not smooth when sliding across the screen. Thought it would be clear with a name like optics and but was not. I went to Verizon and got their stock clear protector which is a boring unnoticeable screen protector - exactly what I wanted.

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the helpful feedback.

I'd rather go to Verizon and have them put on the screen protector.

After years of putting screen protectors on digital camera lcds my technique hasn't improved and I nearly always wind up with either bubbles or debris under the protector.

If this happens at Verizon, they have to right it...and I sure hope they right the gaff that the salesgirl made when she didn't offer me a clear protector option!

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the helpful feedback.

I'd rather go to Verizon and have them put on the screen protector.

After years of putting screen protectors on digital camera lcds my technique hasn't improved and I nearly always wind up with either bubbles or debris under the protector.

If this happens at Verizon, they have to right it...and I sure hope they right the gaff that the salesgirl made when she didn't offer me a clear protector option!

I went to Verizon as well to get mine. They also pulled the matte version without asking. Fortunately, I noticed it before they put it on.

I half wonder if they're choosing the more expensive version wihtout asking to get a higher commission or bonus.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

get the zagg invisable shield HD. and have best buy install it, $33 but well worth it

That's just freaking crazy. So what does the "HD" do?

Zagg has always been way overpriced, imo.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Same scenario, asked for screen protectors and got the matte.
Learned of the clear and they exchanged them.
I have to admit, the matte's "anti-glare" feature was pretty cool. Too bad it blurs up the screen too much.