Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon's Galaxy S3 screen protector is matte!

What a disappointment! Last screen protector I got from Verizon was for my Droid 2 and was completely clear.

This matte screen protector for the Siii shimmers and makes text hard to read.

I hate it.

Don't rush to buy this protector from Verizon.

Now after having wasted $15 on Verizon's I have to find something reasonable that's totally clear and easy to apply!

Default Re: Verizon's Galaxy S3 screen protector is matte!

Ringo ultimate clear screen protector is the best man, have one on my phone super responsive and clear!!
    Vzw Staff

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

There are two versions we have you got the incorrect version. You got the smudge / anti-glare matte type, but we do carry the basic clear screen protectors. By no means are these of same overall quality and needs for people looking at SPG / Zagg / and other high end options.
    Last edited by iLLusive; 07-26-2012 at 10:12 PM.
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

the Verizon store here sold two versions. One was called an anti glare version and I'm assuming the other one was a standard version. I didn't get the anti glare because I was afraid it would be kind of like a matte surface. Did you get the kind that's supposed to be anti glare?

get the zagg invisable shield HD. and have best buy install it, $33 but well worth it

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, Bugless Beast

Go with SGP Steinheil screen protectors. I use them on all my devices.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Wait, people buy accessories from Verizon?

Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

I bought them at vzw and they are not matte and I only paid 9$ for 3 pack (discount) and they are well worth it

GSIII VZW via tapatalk 2

what he said
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

They told me they only had the matte screen.

I have Zagg screens on my cameras and they're super - pricey, though.

Quote Originally Posted by iLLusive View Post
    There are two versions we have you got the incorrect version. You got the smudge / anti-glare matte type, but we do carry the basic clear screen protectors. By no means are these of same overall quality and needs for people looking at SPG / Zagg / and other high end options.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Guess I'll have to go back and hope they will exchange mine.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorz_412 View Post
    I bought them at vzw and they are not matte and I only paid 9$ for 3 pack (discount) and they are well worth it

GSIII VZW via tapatalk 2
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Yes...mine is anti glare and matte - they never offered me a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by iLLusive View Post
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by piratelax91 View Post
    Ringo ultimate clear screen protector is the best man, have one on my phone super responsive and clear!!

I tried the SPG Nano Optics and was unsatisfactory - matte and not smooth when sliding across the screen. Thought it would be clear with a name like optics and but was not. I went to Verizon and got their stock clear protector which is a boring unnoticeable screen protector - exactly what I wanted.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Thanks for the helpful feedback.

I'd rather go to Verizon and have them put on the screen protector.

After years of putting screen protectors on digital camera lcds my technique hasn't improved and I nearly always wind up with either bubbles or debris under the protector.

If this happens at Verizon, they have to right it...and I sure hope they right the gaff that the salesgirl made when she didn't offer me a clear protector option!

Quote Originally Posted by isabel95 View Post
    Thanks for the helpful feedback.

I'd rather go to Verizon and have them put on the screen protector.

After years of putting screen protectors on digital camera lcds my technique hasn't improved and I nearly always wind up with either bubbles or debris under the protector.

If this happens at Verizon, they have to right it...and I sure hope they right the gaff that the salesgirl made when she didn't offer me a clear protector option!
    I went to Verizon as well to get mine. They also pulled the matte version without asking. Fortunately, I noticed it before they put it on.

I half wonder if they're choosing the more expensive version wihtout asking to get a higher commission or bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by lbkiml View Post
    They install it for free, which is worth it because I can never install these without bubbles.

Global Posts
    4,339 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ab30494 View Post
    get the zagg invisable shield HD. and have best buy install it, $33 but well worth it
    That's just freaking crazy. So what does the "HD" do?

Zagg has always been way overpriced, imo.
    chevyman29 likes this.

Same scenario, asked for screen protectors and got the matte.
    Learned of the clear and they exchanged them.
    I have to admit, the matte's "anti-glare" feature was pretty cool. Too bad it blurs up the screen too much.

Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

I usually never do but it was cheap and easy so I did it

GSIII VZW via tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

I kind of wish they used something besides Gorilla Glass since everyone puts on screen protectors anyways. Would rather have a more softer glass material than can resist drop better than glass thats scratch resistant.

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    They install it for free, which is worth it because I can never install these without bubbles.
    Makes sense, but they usually come with those squeegee cards to help with those bubbles.
    I have the Ringbo protector and I didn't even need to press out any bubbles.

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    That's just freaking crazy. So what does the "HD" do?

Zagg has always been way overpriced, imo.
    "HD" = Hard to Do

The ones I got from Verizon are perfectly clear.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

I agree about having them install it!

They did replace my matte anti glare screen protectors with clear ones and the young man who waited on me just handed me the new package (which he had to go into the back to find - obviously the girl who sold me the phone just grabbed what was hanging nearby).

I asked him to put the protector on and my stomach is finally unknotted.

Setting up a new phone can be stressful! The hunt and the acquisition are fun, but actually getting it to work the way you want it to is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post

I kind of wish they used something besides Gorilla Glass since everyone puts on screen protectors anyways. Would rather have a more softer glass material than can resist drop better than glass thats scratch resistant.

Makes sense, but they usually come with those squeegee cards to help with those bubbles.
    I have the Ringbo protector and I didn't even need to press out any bubbles.

"HD" = Hard to Do
    For some reason, I just suck at it. I tried in the past and always had problems installing it. The protectors are way overpriced for the quality you get, but it isn't a bad price for 3 installed protectors, if you suck at it like me.

I always go Steinheil or Zagg! I have never paid full price for a Zagg SP, the most being about $10. I look around online and find good deals!
    X to Rezound to Galaxy S3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast