1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4G + Foxfi

= best connection and speed I have ever had on my computers at home. It kills my verizon DSL.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Default Re: 4G + Foxfi

If I had the unlimited data plan I would definitely consider it

Quote Originally Posted by PeteJE View Post
    = best connection and speed I have ever had on my computers at home. It kills my verizon DSL.
    So you just fire up foxfi and you're good to go? No hassles from VZW?

-Suntan

ROM
    Stock

I would imagine if you start suddenly pulling down tens to hundreds of gigs a month, VZW might catch on. For small amounts, they probably won't notice and/or care.

fyi, you can use the stock mobile hotspot app without subscription , but you would need to activate it with a third party widget like power widget or elixir.
    Thanked by 2:

Yeah the short ime i used it it was great, but the sgs3 just didnt hold a strong enough 4g connection for me in my house so im back to wifi tether with my thunderbolt. I use about 15-20gb per month, lately on the higher side
    Sammy Galaxy note 2 vzw, Rooted Thunderbolt vzw, Macbook Pro 13, PS3, xBox360

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    fyi, you can use the stock mobile hotspot app without subscription , but you would need to activate it with a third party widget like power widget or elixir.
    Would this affect my unlimited data plan if I use the stock hot spot? I'm aware the new data plans include hotspot.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    I used power controls and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the tip.

Downloading around 12 mbs, uploading 12-13mbs. Actually a little better than Uverse on downloading and straight killing the upload speeds. Because I got lucky and was able to keep unlimited I will probably be canceling Uverse

ROM
    Bugless Beast! Vicious

I have unlimited and I use and and no Verizon has not said anything and I called a buddy and he said they didn't know. But I don't completely abuse it either but I get a damn good signal and speed so I use to power my laptop at work sometimes. But I do that with my jailbroken Ipad too! I just hope they don't start throttling like at&t did. I have 3 unlimited lines to I make sure I spread out my usage equally so it don't look to obvious.

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP/Franco

Foxfi is great! I don't use it unless I absolutely need the speed, like when many members of my family are pulling on our pathetic 3mbps at&t plan.

Even with watching a few Netflix movies tethered I pull around 40gb a month.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by andrewshah View Post
    Foxfi is great! I don't use it unless I absolutely need the speed, like when many members of my family are pulling on our pathetic 3mbps at&t plan.

Even with watching a few Netflix movies tethered I pull around 40gb a month.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Have you ever been warned for tethering with ATT, I have gotten a warning with the Iphone, and now switched to an S3, but am not sure if I can go undetected. Like you it is an "as-needed" thing when I am in a pinch.
    What sucks, is that I pay them for my internet service at home, and I am unlimited on my contract, so I really shouldn't have to pay any more anyway in my opinion.

ROM
    Wicked JB V1.2/KT747

Quote Originally Posted by mphymel View Post
    Have you ever been warned for tethering with ATT, I have gotten a warning with the Iphone, and now switched to an S3, but am not sure if I can go undetected. Like you it is an "as-needed" thing when I am in a pinch.
    What sucks, is that I pay them for my internet service at home, and I am unlimited on my contract, so I really shouldn't have to pay any more anyway in my opinion.
    Use the foxfi add-on to mask your tethering, works great. I used it on my Photon, averaged 30gig/mth with no issues.

Sent from my MZ505 using Android Central Forums
    Devices:

Galaxy S3 Wicked Sensation JellyBean V 1.2/kt747 TW JB Kernal
    Xoom FE rooted... need modding bad!!! Damn Moto!
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    So you just fire up foxfi and you're good to go? No hassles from VZW?

-Suntan
    I am using 8-10gig a month. Consistently fast and no problems. I (On unlimited of course.). I don't bother with the proxy add on ;just turn it on and use it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Holy crap, good tip with the toggle for hotspot. Works great
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

---------- Post Merged at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bond32 View Post
    Holy crap, good tip with the toggle for hotspot. Works great

Somebody help a girl out, which toggle app are we talking about?!

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Use this, or any other toggle widget. It will bypass the Verizon authentication to use the hotspot.
    4G LTE Thunderbolt