Do I want a 4G SIM card???

haldroidx

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
On the VZW website I selected one of the Galaxy S III models to upgrade to. A pop-up then asked me if I want to buy a 4G SIM card. What? Nowhere up till that point had the site said anything about there being an option to buy a 4G SIM card or not, let alone why I would choose to buy or not buy one, or what one costs. Are they giving me the option to buy a 4G phone that doesn't actually supply 4G phone service? Do I need this SIM card and what does it cost?

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Umm I don't remember having to "buy" a sim card! I got my Rezound online which was my first 4G phone and I think it just included it! When I got my GS3 I went into the store and since it had a micro sim they just gave me a new one for this phone!

And yes you will need a sim card!

Last edited:
Reactions: haldroidx

imhipper

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
When I was going through the ordering process about a month ago, the site said that my current SIM card was not compatible with my order and a new one would be sent. Then a week ago I was playing around with the ordering process again and it mentioned something about purchasing a new SIM card, but in my cart for checkout it didn't have a charge for the SIM card. I didn't end up going through with the purchase though, so I cant be 100% positive.

Reactions: haldroidx

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
That's really strange considering the phone won't even work without a SIM card. No reason for it to be optional unless you already had a SIM card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz