Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Do I want a 4G SIM card???

On the VZW website I selected one of the Galaxy S3 models to upgrade to. A pop-up then asked me if I want to buy a 4G SIM card. What? Nowhere up till that point had the site said anything about there being an option to buy a 4G SIM card or not, let alone why I would choose to buy or not buy one, or what one costs. Are they giving me the option to buy a 4G phone that doesn't actually supply 4G phone service? Do I need this SIM card and what does it cost?

Default Re: Do I want a 4G SIM card???

Umm I don't remember having to "buy" a sim card! I got my Rezound online which was my first 4G phone and I think it just included it! When I got my GS3 I went into the store and since it had a micro sim they just gave me a new one for this phone!

And yes you will need a sim card!
    Last edited by didiwags; 07-27-2012 at 11:56 AM.
    X to Rezound to Galaxy S3
    Thanked by:

When I was going through the ordering process about a month ago, the site said that my current SIM card was not compatible with my order and a new one would be sent. Then a week ago I was playing around with the ordering process again and it mentioned something about purchasing a new SIM card, but in my cart for checkout it didn't have a charge for the SIM card. I didn't end up going through with the purchase though, so I cant be 100% positive.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

OK, I ordered the phone with the SIM card, and the charge for the SIM card was indeed $0. Thanks!

That's really strange considering the phone won't even work without a SIM card. No reason for it to be optional unless you already had a SIM card.