1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bluetooth sync with 2011 Ford Edge?

Had no problem with my Motorola Droid 2 and the Edge, so it never occurred to me that not all phones were compatible with the My Ford Touch system.

Has anyone paired the S3 with a Ford Edge yet?

I love playing Pandora through the car speakers and would be very sad if I would no longer be able to do that.

Global Posts
    1,915 Global Posts

Paired my wife's S3 with my 2013 Explorer with FordTouch.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    420 Global Posts

Default Re: Bluetooth sync with 2011 Ford Edge?

The GN that I use and the S3 that I returned both paired just fine (the GN is still paired) with a 2012 Lincoln. As far as I know all the Ford cars are using the Microsoft Sync system.

Edit: should add that the GN also paired just fine with a 2010 Fusion until my wife destroyed the car about 6 weeks ago.
    R

If I have offered any information to help you or of interest to you please hit the "Thanks" button.

ROM
    Completely stock...

My S3 Connects fine to my 2010 Sport Trac and 2012 Escape

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Mine connects to my 2011 Edge with MyFord Touch and works great. It even reads text messages which my old HTC Evo did not. It lost connection once and I wasn't able to get it repaired no matter what I did on the phone. I ended up doing a Master Reset in the MyFord Touch system and after that it has been fine.

Mine paired up fine with my 2012 F150 also Sync Apps works great with Pandora from the phone too. One thing I like is this is the first phone that will text SMS with the Ford Sync system which is really nice to have.

Mine synced up just fine with my 2011 Ford Fusion. This one reads the texts too. My old Droid Charge would not let it read texts, said it was "unsupported."
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Yesterday, paired my S3 with our 2011 Ford Edge and also set up Pandora, as well as tested Google navigation through the car speakers.

At first use, even though I had not shut off the navigation voice, the voice did not come through, it did finally work.

Pandora was terrific - with the speed of buffering way faster than it was with my Droid 2.

The more I use the S3 the more I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by PFD664 View Post
    Mine paired up fine with my 2012 F150 also Sync Apps works great with Pandora from the phone too. One thing I like is this is the first phone that will text SMS with the Ford Sync system which is really nice to have.

Global Posts
    1,915 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by racedog View Post
    The GN that I use and the S3 that I returned both paired just fine (the GN is still paired) with a 2012 Lincoln. As far as I know all the Ford cars are using the Microsoft Sync system.

Edit: should add that the GN also paired just fine with a 2010 Fusion until my wife destroyed the car about 6 weeks ago.
    Better the car than the phone . Hope all is well with wife and those involved.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2