Who's Old Enough to Remember ?

imhipper

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Another fun thread to go along with the average age of posters on this forum.

I can remember bag phones.

Waiting till after 9 PM for off peak rates.

Pulling up the antenna on your phone so you looked cool.

Technology has come so far its amazing. I get my SG3 on Monday and just killing time till then.

wythme2

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I had one of the first bag phones. What about the Motorola star tac. I loved it. And who can forget the old brick phones that Nextel had? I still have a purple of Nextel phones. Lol

imhipper

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I forgot about the Star Tac. Possibly the first true flip phone ? I remember leaving mine on the deck during a rain storm and every copper contact starting to corrode and the darn thing still kept on working,

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I used to be a field tech and the company gave us those "brick" Nextel phones. After a while they switched us to something else because techs were losing them. Sounds strange but those phones were so big we had to put them somewhere while we worked. When we left the customer site we kept forgetting them. Never happened to me but it happened to lots of other guys.

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
My mom had a Startac! Even though I was a teenager, my mom wouldn't let me have a cell phone. Instead I had a pager! Lol

My mom also had those big bricks!

sfobrien

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Our first cell was the monster white phone with extended battery and extra long antenna that came to a point, weighed about two pounds and always jammed the antenna into the roof of the car ! Never had a bag phone but did have the Star-tac. It was pretty decent device.

God I love my S3 ! :D

P.S. First service was Celluar One which later melted into Verzon I think.

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
??? Don Prudhomme ???

lol What?

No, this snake.
cell-phone-snake-game.jpg

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
snake? I dont know that one but it looks like pong (the first video game I ever played)

I skipped over the bag phone, was partying to much to afford one back then, I did have a pager when I was younger, no I was not a doctor or drug dealer, it was just cool to have one back then. I also had a few other phones before the startac

my wife had a bag phone but it was before we met

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Snake! Good 'ol Nokia phone game.

And yes, I had a Star-Tac. And you were someone if you had a car phone with the 5 watt amplifier kit. :p

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
First cell phone was circa 1988. It was a Novatel handheld followed by a Audiovox bag phone then an Alpine in car phone. A 200 minute plan was about $100 and you had to stay in your home area or you roamed at $.69 per minute. Those were the days.

I played my first snake game on an Apple 2 mid 80s. I remember it on the Nokias too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Waiting till after 9 PM for off peak rates.

I remember when it was 7 PM, not 9 PM.

You can kind of guess how old someone is by their phone history. http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=181203

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Bag phone? Pfft, I remember the rotary dial on the kitchen wall...

-Suntan

Yep.....I do too. My son asked me what type of cell phone I had when I was his age....."boy, we didn't have cell phones - if we wanted to make a call, we had to stop at a pay phone". He just stares at me.

Reactions: drmaf894c

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa