1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Giggity...............

So my notification sound for text, emails and messages is Quagmire's "Giggity"

I'm on the train home from work listening to music on my headphones and I hear my notification go off several times, and each time more and more people laughing.

After I pull one ear out, I notice that even though my headset is plugged in the notification and phone call ring come through the speaker anyway.

I have owned many phones, most recently DX,DX2, GNEX and now SG3 and have never heard of such madness.

I called VZW level 2 support. He could not believe it was true (He had a RAZR Maxx) and went ahead and called Samsung directly. Several of the Samsung employees after testing it confirmed that was the case. The notification sounds (and more) come through the speaker regardless if the headset is plugged in.

I for one think that is the oddest thing I have ever heard. What if I'm listening on my headset in a quiet time place and I have to worry about that going off?

Anyone else notice that and/or remedy it?

thanks

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

Default Re: Giggity...............

I have had this happen with another phone, might have been the charge (another samsung phone) but I dont remember what the fix was. Crazy but it has happened before
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I noticed that tonight, I was watching you tube videos and had one bud in so I would not disturb my sleeping wife, and an email notification came through the handset speaker at full volume and woke her up.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Happens on my photon also.....

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

I think if you turn the ringer volume to vibrate, it will turn off the sound to your external speaker. Then when you plug in your headset you turn your media volume up. That should keep your notification sounds off.

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1124 View Post
    I think if you turn the ringer volume to vibrate, it will turn off the sound to your external speaker. Then when you plug in your headset you turn your media volume up. That should keep your notification sounds off.
    This
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Ok thanks. I'll give it a shot

SGS3 production

Quote Originally Posted by FormerIphoney View Post
    So my notification sound for text, emails and messages is Quagmire's "Giggity"

I'm on the train home from work listening to music on my headphones and I hear my notification go off several times, and each time more and more people laughing.

After I pull one ear out, I notice that even though my headset is plugged in the notification and phone call ring come through the speaker anyway.

I have owned many phones, most recently DX,DX2, GNEX and now SG3 and have never heard of such madness.

I called VZW level 2 support. He could not believe it was true (He had a RAZR Maxx) and went ahead and called Samsung directly. Several of the Samsung employees after testing it confirmed that was the case. The notification sounds (and more) come through the speaker regardless if the headset is plugged in.

I for one think that is the oddest thing I have ever heard. What if I'm listening on my headset in a quiet time place and I have to worry about that going off?

Anyone else notice that and/or remedy it?

thanks

Hey can you link that file?

I want that tone

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S WII on T-Mobile! goodbye Sprint!

ROM
    Stock, (for now)

Mine since my OGD has been "SHAZAM!!" from when Tyrone Biggins drinks some Red Balls. Same thing happens, I look around, people are giggling, and realize they can hear my notification tone...
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    Hey can you link that file?

I want that tone

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S WII on T-Mobile! goodbye Sprint!
    I got it from the zedge app

SGS3 production
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1124 View Post
    It's still not a fix... I like to hear my notifications

Quote Originally Posted by tirith View Post
    It's still not a fix... I like to hear my notifications
    I agree, you should be able to hear them through your headphones over whatever you are listening to, not over the phone speaker.