Move Pics from Phone to SD Card-Pls Help

Alewood

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Please help. I bought and installed my wife's sd card after she had activated her phone. I am now looking for a way to transfer her pics which are currently stored on the internal memory of the phone to the sd card. I have searched several sources and I can't seem to find an easy way to do it from the phone. Any ideas or help will be appreciated.

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Just use a file manager. Find them on the internal storage and copy and paste the pics to the ext_sd card. Then go back and delete them. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I'd do it. There should be an option to have them sent there by default

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: quicksilver53

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just use an app like astro and copy or move the pics. Or you can always hook it up to the computer and drag and drop. Pretty simple methods.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

Principal Skinner

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I had the same question about moving files to my newly purchased 32gb SD card. Thanks for this information. ES File Explorer does not recognize SD card, but native file manager does.

One more question ...how do I set the SD card as default storage for downloads ?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
1. Es file explorer does recognize the sd card. See screen shot.

2. Most apps only save to phone storage and cannot be changed. Camera can be changed in the settings though. Others have to be moved for the most part.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

Reactions: Principal Skinner

twilite2000

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Go to camera. Click on the cog wheel at the top of the screen on the left. Go all the way to the bottom of the menu. Second from the bottom you'll see storage. Click on it and select where you want your pics to go. Hope this helps.

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi Team,

I have defaulted my camera to store photo and videos in SD Card. Any videos taken more than minute is not playing back in my phone, it gives me an error message. i can play all videos less than 1 minutes, if i change the options to phone memory (Default) and take any videos greater than 10 minutes. it plays my video without any error.

my Sd card is 32 GB of class 10.

Please help me to solve this issue.

- - - Updated - - -

I have defaulted my camera to store photo and videos in SD Card. Any videos taken more than minute is not playing back in my phone, it gives me an error message. i can play all videos less than 1 minutes, if i change the options to phone memory (Default) and take any videos greater than 10 minutes. it plays my video without any error.

my Sd card is 32 GB of class 10.

Please help me to solve this issue.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
and camera has no way to pull up settings ill never own one of these again
You going to be an isheep? What phone do you have? A Samsung GS3? That IS the phone we're discussing here.
Learn the phone. I got mine in September and am still learning about it.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hermine,
If you have an SDCard installed, this is what the stock Camera app settings should look likeuploadfromtaptalk1370705236289.jpgIf you're not seeing the option to select the memory card, check the Storage options and let us know if it's actually showing that you have an SDCard installeduploadfromtaptalk1370705488684.jpgSent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

CheetahlishLala

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I did what you said and it worked but just for new pictures. I tried saving the pictures that were already on the phone to the sd card and no option came up to do that... so frustrating. I got a new phone and my mom is using my old phone and I just really want my pics. Help!

Henry Kwan

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Dear sir,
I wanted to know how to move my photo from phone to SD card. As I can't find any help to move. Kindly give some guideline. Appreciated your help.

Thank you

Mr. Henry Kwan

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Henry,
There are multiple ways to move pictures:
1. Use the Gallery app to move them
2. Use the My Files app to move them
In both cases you basically navigate to where the pictures are, select them, choose the Move option and then navigate to where you want to put them and choose the Paste option.

You could also use your PC to move them if you want to connect the phone via USB. Whichever is easiest.

If you need step-by-step instructions let me know and I'll post some screenshots showing the basics.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Amber61413,
I'll give you some examples using the "My Files" app.
1. When you first open the app this is the view that you see. Select the "All files" item.uploadfromtaptalk1377987216230.jpg2. That takes you to this screen. Select the "sdcard0" item (that's the name for the internal memory on the phone).uploadfromtaptalk1377987498386.jpg3. Now navigate to "DCIM/Camera" - that's where your pictures are stored by default (in the screenshot there are no files there because I set the Camera app to save them to the SDCard by default).uploadfromtaptalk1377987698343.jpg4. Press the Menu button and choose "Select all" - you'll see checkmarks next to all of the files.
5. Now press the box with the three lines in the upper-right corner, then choose "Move"uploadfromtaptalk1377988174416.jpg6. It takes you to this screen again - this time select 'extSdCard' (this is the name of the actual SDCard).uploadfromtaptalk1377988398841.jpg7. Navigate to the folder where you want to move the pictures. You can use the '+ Create folder' button to create a new folder if you like. Then press the 'Move here' button.
u8amuvam.jpg
Note that if you want to keep confusion to a minimum, you should first set your Camera app to save any new pictures that you take to the SDCard. If you do that, the Camera app will create a folder at "/extSdCard/DCIM/Camera", and you can just move all of the pictures into that folder.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Another way is to move the entire DCIM folder to the ext card. Then set the camera to save pictures and videos to that folder.

--Tapatalk on SGS3.