RAZR Maxx or SG3

rbres15

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
hey there, ive been reading your thread and im in the same boat as you were. leaning towards the S3, but cell service is real spotty where i live and the strong signal of the razr maxx sounds pretty tempting. now that you ran both for a while which did you prefer, and was the signal strength noticeably different?

thanks

markespo55

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
hey there, ive been reading your thread and im in the same boat as you were. leaning towards the S3, but cell service is real spotty where i live and the strong signal of the razr maxx sounds pretty tempting. now that you ran both for a while which did you prefer, and was the signal strength noticeably different?

thanks

I say you should get the s3. If your already leaning toward it then just go get it. I've done that before with previous devices and ended up regretting it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I am curious about the OPs opinion too. He stopped posting once he got his new phone. I'm due for an upgrade in about a week. Thinking about trading my Thunderbolt in for a GSIII.

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

thanks

I liked the Maxx and was very hesitant about switching to the S3 just because I had the Fascinate before and had a very bad experience with it. But the majority of the reviews I read were very positive about the S3. I've had the S3 for about 2 months now (maybe a little less) and I haven't regretted my decision at all. I have had no issues with signal strength. Have had zero dropped calls and data connection has been spot-on! And the S3 is fast as hell! Definetly the fastest Android device I have ever had. I live in an area where the Verizon signal is strong so I don't know which way I would lean if I was in a weak signal area. To me the battery life of the Razr Maxx is overrated. That is only for me though becasue I don't use it constantly. If I was a heavy user I might lean more towards the Maxx or buy a spare battery for the S3. But the S3 leaves me plenty of juice left by the time the day is over. So if at the end of the day I had 60% left on the Maxx and 30% left on the S3 it wouldn't matter. I'm going to throw it on the charger when I go to bed any way.

But if I was still eligible for an upgrade I'd definetly consider the Maxx HD or at least wait to see what kind of reviews it gets. Just because I wish the S3 was more stock Android like Moto. Easy for me to say now... I wasn't patient enough to wait for the Maxx HD to be announced. But there is always going to be something better around the corner and I will always tell myself I should have waited. But instead I should forget about it and be happy becasue I do have an awesome phone! Staying off this forum would probably help me as well from always wanting the latest and greatest

I don't think you'll be unhappy with either one. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

thanks

I have switching problems on my Razr Maxx that are similar if not the same to what I had on my Bionic.

I love the S3.

jerry 12

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I have the Maxx and S3 , i just came from a little vacation in Kill Devil Hills , NC and service was weak and i could use the Maxxs Internet when i couldn't use the S3 Internet or for calls. I like the S3 the larger display is nice and the software of the S3 is smooth but the bottom line is can you use the thing.

w00derson

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
MOTO phones are BLAH! I don't like their stuff. Plus if updates are important you....Then I say go Samsung all the way! Otherwise wait for their next abomination of a smartphone....The MAXX HD.

That is just my .02 cents!
At least my Razr Maxx gets good signal. I just switched to the GS3 and the reception is about a joke. Just as I expected from Samsung.

My Droid Charge signal sucked, my Galaxy Nexus signal really sucked. I was hoping the GS3 was going to be better, but its not. I love the GS3, but I'm probably going to switch back to my Maxx until the HD comes out. Its a shame really.

infg37

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Anyone out there had both or tried both? Had my maxx a week and love it but debating on whether or not to give the SG3 a try. Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx

I traded in my Maxx for the S3...only thing i miss is the battery life and smart actions.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
One big factor is the S3 has 2GB of Ram. Those 2GB will come in handy when Sammy determines which phones will update to the newest versions of android after Jelly Bean. 2GB of RAM will help this phone stay relevant for a looong time. If the OG Droid can run Jelly Bean, just think of the longetivity of this phone!? I work for Best Buy Mobile and play with phones on the regular, to me there is no phone that can match the S3. Not even the Note2. Which i expect will be a battery killer seeing as it will be the first phone to use Quad Core and run on LTE here in the states. See the Bionic. First Dual-Core with LTE. Never want to use first gen tech.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol