Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Quote Originally Posted by nmbr6ruls View Post
    Freezes my phone everytime now if trying to copy info in my contacts list to clipboard. Results in a battery pull everytime. Weatherbug and Nfl mobile occasionally causes the same kind of lock up.
    I take it you haven't tried any of the above fixes?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Problems with cut and paste

Anyone else have a solution that dooesnt involve rooting or resetting?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Second this. Just encountered this problem on my gf phone, does anyone have any suggestions that doesn't involve root or reset? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1996bulls View Post
    Anyone else have a solution that dooesnt involve rooting or resetting?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

So I ended up hard resetting the phone. Which was a big hassle since it didnt restore my apps and app data.

But...

One week later, it happens again! :-( I guess I will have to root my phone now since I don't like resetting it again.

Unless anyone else has a solution.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Guess it looks like it is time to root. I don't cut and paste often but when I do, I like it to work.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I rooted and put Beans Custom Stock ROM on that used Touchwhiz, but a week later it did the same thing as well. I haven't had the time to back up and find a new ROM that I would want to run because this one runs so smooth.

Considering it's the only problem I have and the phone works pretty amazing on Bean's ROM, I might try to install it without Touchwhiz to see if that's the problem.

I've rooted my phone and now when I try to copy and paste "this functionality is not supported on your device" pops out. What should I do?

You ^ have to follow the steps using your file manager to delete the proper clipboard files and force stopping the test services app...then reboot and the clipboard should work. .it did for me...

Sent from my X2 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jaj6503 View Post
    2) ROOT your device, install ROOT Explorer, navigate to / > data > clipboard, select ALL and delete all, than go into your Settings > Applications Manager > All, look for TestServices, than remove updates/clear data. Reboot and everything should be fine.
    Worked fine, thanks!

Thank you galaxy tab 10.1 stock ics

Having the same problem, did clear cache, installed Root Explorer and data folder was empty and the data folder in sdcard had only colornote folder. Dont want to Factory reset.. But if I do wil I have to update phones firmware again?
    Geek Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Chris de Bruyn View Post
    Having the same problem, did clear cache, installed Root Explorer and data folder was empty and the data folder in sdcard had only colornote folder. Dont want to Factory reset.. But if I do wil I have to update phones firmware again?
    The entire data folder is empty or just /data/clipboard? If the former then you are not properly rooted.

I also have these 2 problems: the test service error and can't copy and paste. Pretty sure they're related! Tried to do root explorer method but the clipboard folder is empty and really don't want to do a factory reset

I had this problem and not to jinx myself but after my update to JB I can now copy and paste for the first time since I got the phone!

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Worlds2See View Post
    I had this problem and not to jinx myself but after my update to JB I can now copy and paste for the first time since I got the phone!
    Same for me. The Jellybean update appears to have fixed this problem for me. Hopefully it stays that way!

Hey
    I have the same issue I can copy but I can't paste, this happened after the new Samsung update but I think
    It might be an issue with SwiftKey as im using it as well, if you can report this to SwiftKey I will too and hopefully they will sort it out as I can't live without SwiftKey.
    See if you can revert back to standard keyboard, restart phone and let me know if you have the same issue.

Cheers

Dan

Lightbulb Re: Problems with cut and paste

Install History Eraser from Google Play and clear the Clipboard....and walla you can copy paste again....

But when you root don't you loose everything anyway.... Just like with factory reset??

You said you always get FC's, what are FC's?
    I always get nothing, the little blue selection arrow-bars rarely work, ansd on rare occasion when one does the other won't. It's virtually impossible to copy anything except if you're patient, the icon to copy the whole thing arrives -sometimes- and you can then try to insert the whole thing and trim. Android does seem to be a pretty total let down all around. Can't understand the hype, It just has more problems than advantages. On my crummy BB I could at least make calls w/ voice cammand while driving, and never had to worry about getting on line because it just didn't most of the time.

How to root your device ??

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Bilionaire Permy View Post
    How to root your device ??

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II

Everytime I tried to copy a word the apps would crash, note, google documents, office suite documents, chrome browsers,... after reading some of this posting I remembered the Google keyboard updated itself recently. I uninstalled it and turned off the Nexus 7 tab. Restarted it a minute later and now it's working. Fingers crossed.. For a while I thought the new Android 4.3 update was causing the problem.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12