Problems with cut and paste

sspediacci

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I just want to say that I am having this issue as well. Phone was working fine and then it doesn't let me copy or paste in any app anymore.

I'm also having separate issue where my phone is started to freeze up and be non-responsive with an error coming from "Test Services"....my guess is that it's probably part of the same problem.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

erniel

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I had this exact same issue.

You have 2 options;

1) Factory Restore your device

2) ROOT your device, install ROOT Explorer, navigate to / > data > clipboard, select ALL and delete all, than go into your Settings > Applications Manager > All, look for TestServices, than remove updates/clear data. Reboot and everything should be fine.

I opted for option 2 simply because restoring a device sucks and I wanted to root anyways because I missed AdFree, ROOT Explorer, and could not stand the WIFI Notification.

Essentially what happens is something in your clipboard becomes corrupted by TestServices. You basically have to clean up a mess you did not make.

Thanks appreciated ;)

Hi I'm new also and my tab2 7 lost the copy paste feature I think after the ics4.04 update... or after installing games

Been trying to do option 2 but I can not find the CLIPBOARD. I looked everywhere and even tried different root explorers/viewers. I can find the DATA folder but it is blank no CLIPBOARD

I did find the TESTServices and cleared the data but ther is no option to remove updates.

REstart my tab2 several times but still no copy paste option

Getting frustrated now and I want to do a factory start.... I don't even know how hahaha

nmbr6ruls

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Freezes my phone everytime now if trying to copy info in my contacts list to clipboard. Results in a battery pull everytime. Weatherbug and Nfl mobile occasionally causes the same kind of lock up.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi I'm new also and my tab2 7 lost the copy paste feature I think after the ics4.04 update... or after installing games

Been trying to do option 2 but I can not find the CLIPBOARD. I looked everywhere and even tried different root explorers/viewers. I can find the DATA folder but it is blank no CLIPBOARD

I did find the TESTServices and cleared the data but ther is no option to remove updates.

REstart my tab2 several times but still no copy paste option

Getting frustrated now and I want to do a factory start.... I don't even know how hahaha

Not sure man, I've never played with a Tab2. This process is for the SGSIII. Just Google 'recovery for Tab2' boot into it, wipe data / cache and reboot to the clean factory state.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Freezes my phone everytime now if trying to copy info in my contacts list to clipboard. Results in a battery pull everytime. Weatherbug and Nfl mobile occasionally causes the same kind of lock up.

I take it you haven't tried any of the above fixes?

bulls96

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have a solution that dooesnt involve rooting or resetting?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

bulls96

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
So I ended up hard resetting the phone. Which was a big hassle since it didnt restore my apps and app data.

But...

One week later, it happens again! :-( I guess I will have to root my phone now since I don't like resetting it again.

Unless anyone else has a solution.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Guess it looks like it is time to root. I don't cut and paste often but when I do, I like it to work.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

sspediacci

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I rooted and put Beans Custom Stock ROM on that used Touchwhiz, but a week later it did the same thing as well. I haven't had the time to back up and find a new ROM that I would want to run because this one runs so smooth.

Considering it's the only problem I have and the phone works pretty amazing on Bean's ROM, I might try to install it without Touchwhiz to see if that's the problem.

hmy801

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I've rooted my phone and now when I try to copy and paste "this functionality is not supported on your device" pops out. What should I do? :'(

iluvmay

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
You ^ have to follow the steps using your file manager to delete the proper clipboard files and force stopping the test services app...then reboot and the clipboard should work. .it did for me...

Sent from my X2 using Android Central Forums

genome87

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
2) ROOT your device, install ROOT Explorer, navigate to / > data > clipboard, select ALL and delete all, than go into your Settings > Applications Manager > All, look for TestServices, than remove updates/clear data. Reboot and everything should be fine.

Worked fine, thanks!

Chris de Bruyn

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Having the same problem, did clear cache, installed Root Explorer and data folder was empty and the data folder in sdcard had only colornote folder. Dont want to Factory reset.. But if I do wil I have to update phones firmware again?

OWybPPgO

Geek Mom
Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Having the same problem, did clear cache, installed Root Explorer and data folder was empty and the data folder in sdcard had only colornote folder. Dont want to Factory reset.. But if I do wil I have to update phones firmware again?

The entire data folder is empty or just /data/clipboard? If the former then you are not properly rooted.

Laura Cubbin

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I also have these 2 problems: the test service error and can't copy and paste. Pretty sure they're related! Tried to do root explorer method but the clipboard folder is empty and really don't want to do a factory reset :(

Worlds2See

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem and not to jinx myself but after my update to JB I can now copy and paste for the first time since I got the phone!

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem and not to jinx myself but after my update to JB I can now copy and paste for the first time since I got the phone!

Same for me. The Jellybean update appears to have fixed this problem for me. Hopefully it stays that way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC