Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By karsdroid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to delete history/contact logs in text message

When you go through text message and you click on button to bring up contacts, there is couple choices (groups, contacts, favorites & logs) you can choose. Under logs, how to you delete the information in logs section????? It appears to only go back a few days, but can't find option to erase logs. If you check box it just adds that person to your send to box. I also tried deleting history for phone calls, but its still there. Any help would be great!!! Thank you.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3

Default Re: How to delete history/contact logs in text message

you can delete the history from the phone dialer---->recent--->menu--->delete
    Thanked by:
    tluty 
    tluty likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That only deletes the history from the phone calls.

Follow this:
    Click on Message app
    Next to line for contacts there is button (shows shadow pic of person) for bringing up contact list,etc.
    Under the select contact bar, which also has cancel & done there is wipe bar that contains the following: Groups, Contacts, Favorites, & Logs. Slide bar to click on Logs.

Under that section it shows Name, number, time & how many texts in that convo.

There is no option to delete logs. Under the first Galaxy S for verizon (Fascinate) you could delete them through the contacts section. Have yet to find out how or answer to delete on Galaxy 3 on Verizon. Any help???

Question Re: How to delete history/contact logs in text message

Anyone? my log in the contacts is getting larger.

I was able to individually delete logs for contacts I have.
    - Go to the contact details
    - Click the Options button
    - Click History
    - Select all box at top of list
    - Select DELETE

That will remove all of the History LOG for only that contact. So you have to go thru each contact in your Message HISTORY LOG to clear those.

There still is no way to clear the calls coming in that are NOT in your contact list.

An no easy way just to purge the entire list. I tried a bunch of the cache cleaning apps, but none seem to touch this specific log...
    Thanked by:

Ok go into phone click recent , click menu ,click veiw by, then choose whatever option fits you best for the logs you want to delete then click menu again and choose delete. you can delete all or pick and choose.
    Thanked by 2:

Thumbs up Re: How to delete history/contact logs in text message

Quote Originally Posted by chevyman29 View Post
    Ok go into phone click recent , click menu ,click veiw by, then choose whatever option fits you best for the logs you want to delete then click menu again and choose delete. you can delete all or pick and choose.
    SWEEEET worked perfectly. Selected ALL CALL AND MESSAGES for the VIEW BY.
    then was able to DELETE everything!

The strange thing is that next time you go back into RECENT it defaults back to listing only CALLS. not the last selected. (sigh)

thanks for the instructions Chevyman29!

i have my galaxy y GT-S5630 i would like to know how to delet message from offof it... could you do it in steps for me so that i can follow

Thank you so much. I went to T-moblie and they didn't even know how to do it, ut the guy there told me to google it.

Thank you!!!! I thought I had to keep that list forever, LOL

Perfect. Thank you!

With a Galaxy S4, go to settings, application manager and then select "All" from the top, rather than "downloaded" or "running". Find an app called "LogApp" - delete cache and then disable. It will delete the email log history in the messages section.

can't find logApp

Perhaps they meant LogsProvider?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

Hi all. New here. I followed the link to delete text logs. I went to Log app and cleared cache and disabled it. now I cant find it again to clear text logs again???? Help!!

Go to settings then to applications then to all then to logsprovider app. Pressing the delete data button will clear all logs.
    Thanked by:

this helps with samsung galaxy s4. even when u delete the call log and text messages for some reason keeps the history when you still have one call from a person and when u click on vie contact and than on the bottom vie more. this sure did delete all of the calls records and text .thank you

Help me out...I have a few email contacts that only show up when adding contact from a new text message......cannot for the life of me figure out how to delete these....any ideas?

Thanks, Brian

Brian,
    Just want to be sure I understand what you're describing:
    - you're using the stock Messaging app?
    - you start a new SMS
    - when you begin to add recipients, as you type stuff it's showing you people from your Contacts list that only have email (ie no phone number)?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

When beginning a new text, the contact list that comes up has sms/email contacts that do not appear in the standard contact list so there is no way to delete them.
    What I ended up having to do was to log onto my Google acct online and edit my email contacts. This didn't cure the problem until I deleted my Google acct from the phone and then add it back on later.

Thanks, Brian

I installed an app called contact deleter...this removed the unwanted contacts from message contacts list.

This really sucks not being able to easily maintain phone logs using Verizon. If I had known that I never would have picked Verizon over ATT.

Have you found any app that you can use to delete phone and message logs selectively when using Verizon.

This worked perfectly.
    go to settings, then go to applications, then logsprovider, press delete data button.
    So anyone trying to delete logs from their samsung mini s 3, use this method
    Thank you to the person who had this up NIck Shirling.

Thank you for that information! Worked like a charm!

Endless thanks chevyman29! I had tried 3 eraser apps and several websites.