Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: Can't transfer pictures from my S3....

I previously had an iphone. Organizing and downloading photos was so much simpler on it. I read all the postings on this subject of not being able to transfer pics. I still didn't see an answer. I can download to my PC all the 400+ pics that went into the "pictures" group in my gallery - that were taken with my iphone. All the pics taken with my Galaxy are in a second file in the gallery titled "camera". Few questions -- 1) How do I create albums on my phone to separate the big group? 2) How can I get all the new pics taken with this phone moved from "camera" to "pictures" in gallery? 3) When I connected to my PC, only the previously taken pics were visible to download. How do I download all the new ones taken with the Galaxy - and still in the "camera" file of gallery - onto my PC? I am not interested in using an independent location for my pics. I have many years work in a particular area of my PC, I'd like them altogether. and yes, it's just as reliable, I frequently back up my files, and have burned the pics on to various disks based on subject. I had no idea the Galaxy was going to require the downloading of so many apps in order to do anything -- kinda frustrating for a technologically challenged individual such as myself. Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

The first time that I plugged my S3 into my PC via USB cable, Windows 7 asked me if I wanted to transfer my photos to it, I said yes, and it transferred the photos under "my pictures". The next time, I didn't do that, just waited for the phone to show up on Windows Explorer as "SCH-I535". You can then double-click on "Phone" like it was a USB drive, and you'll see the DCIM folder where your pictures are. If you're putting your pictures on an "external" SD card, you'll see the DCIM directory when you double-click on "Card" (at the same level as "Phone", which is the native internal SD card). Once you've found your pictures on your phone, you can easily copy-and-paste them somewhere on your PC, or mass-transfer them, or whatever.

Since the above is so obvious, I'm guessing that the key piece here is the Samsung "USB Driver for Mobile Phones", which you can find the latest version of on the internet and install on your PC. Since I had that driver already installed as a part of trying to use Kies (that I've given up on *smile*), I don't know what it would look like if I plugged phone into my PC without the Samsung USB driver.

Hi I did the exact same thing but it said that there were a few errors on the file but it still downloaded and when I went to that file on my computer there was nothing there? Why's that? Also can I redownload the pics on the same computer or not?

Quote Originally Posted by flenn View Post
    After plugging in your phone, you can pull down from the top (where the settings toggles are) and select "Connected as a media device, touch for other USB options". Select "Camera PTP". In Windows Explorer you'll now see the phone just like it was a camera (it'll even have a camera icon). Right click on it and select "Import pictures and videos". You can select where you want everything saved in "Import settings". If you leave you pictures/videos on the phone, it'll only copy the new photos next time you import.
    - - - Updated - - -

Pictures transferred but not the videos???

It workeddd Thank youuu
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12