Best Buy or Verizon?

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I have bought all my Verizon phones at the Verizon Corporate store in my area. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the GS3 in a couple weeks. The reason I ask, is because I've read people saying that Best Buy gives a 30 day return instead of the 14 day return that Verizon Gives. I've been reading a lot of the threads in this forum and seems like the only thing I'm worried about is the signal issues some people are having. This will be my first 4G LTE smartphone, so want to be sure I'm happy with the phone I get. I use WiFi primarily at home. Not sure how to find out if I'm in a 4G LTE Area? In a Chicago suburb, so sure it might not be a problem.
I called my local Best Buy and the woman said that there is no restocking fee if I have problems with the GS3 and return for a different phone or return for another GS3. Also they don't give refurbished phones if I go with their Insurance which is $170 for two years. Say I lose the phone or Break it. I've always used Verizon's insurance, but never had to use it. Can anyone tell me their thoughts on buying from Best Buy vs. Verizon? 14 days just doesn't seem like enough to really use and find any problems one might have with a phone. That is the biggest reason I would not go through the Verizon store like I usually do. Thanks in Advance.

BullFrog76

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
You have 14 days at either to return and get your old service plan back. Verizon charges $35 restocking fee and only has 14 days to return the phone. Best buy gives you 30 days to return, or 60 days if you are a reward zone premier member. There is no restocking fee at BB.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

NovaSS369

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy - hands down the best for phone's. They will match radio shacks price of 149.99 currently and allow trade ins of old phones. I got my S3 for 100 bucks because of this. The warranty is great too - the rapid exchange program is superior than other warranties imho.

glassygurl

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
i would go to Best Buy. They sometimes have deals that offer phones at $50 below retail stores. My friend got her Galaxy S1 at best buy and it was $50 cheaper than other places. Def. the place to go for cell phones.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Ditto on Best Buy. I have personal experience with the service plan and it was great to have. I went through 3 iPhones in a 6 month period and got 3 replacements no questions asked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
i would go to Best Buy. They sometimes have deals that offer phones at $50 below retail stores. My friend got her Galaxy S1 at best buy and it was $50 cheaper than other places. Def. the place to go for cell phones.

No doubt....they have the Nexus for a buck this week.

OP, give Best Buy a look before you pull the trigger.

imhipper

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Just got my phone from Best Buy on Monday, charged the battery , put the new sim card in then started the activation process without any problems.

Saved money, kept my same exact plan and features ( didn't have unlimited data ) .
Checked MY VERIZON and confirmed that. SG3 was listed as new device and my next
upgrade eligibility started the same day Best Buy sent me the order conformation.

Like others have said you have 30 days to exchange the phone if you don't like the phone, but I think you are locked into the agreement after 14 days.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
@imhipper, Was that your choice to put the phone together and activate it yourself? I'm use to Verizon always doing all that for me. Just wondering if they do that at Best Buy?

imhipper

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
@imhipper, Was that your choice to put the phone together and activate it yourself? I'm use to Verizon always doing all that for me. Just wondering if they do that at Best Buy?

I had it shipped to me, but I'm sure if you go to your local store that will all be done for you.

Reactions: Andy847

rage151

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like Best Buy does offer better options than Verizon. Just hope they keep their head above water long enough to honor everyone's contact. Seems like I heard they're closing stores, laying off, etc...

NovaSS369

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like Best Buy does offer better options than Verizon. Just hope they keep their head above water long enough to honor everyone's contact. Seems like I heard they're closing stores, laying off, etc...

coming from the inside - this company is making a lot of good moves and significant changes. customer service is becoming the #1 priority again (like it should have been all along) I wouldn't worry about it going anywhere for at least 10 years