- 08-01-2012, 07:14 AM #2
- 08-01-2012, 07:21 AM #3
- 08-01-2012, 11:57 AM #5
- 08-01-2012, 12:30 PM #6
Unfortunately, I can't uninstall instagram because kit has never been installed. I literally cannot download it.
I actually uninstalled a few other camera apps (paper camera, vignette, etc.) and then went back to the Play store and the message is still the same. Even on my desktop, when I go to play.google.com, I get the incompatibility message (see attached).
I'm just ed stumped at this point. I don't care that much about the app, but it's just puzzling.
I finally installed instagram today. I cleared the cache on the Play app, which didn't work. The Play store still showed it as incompatible with my S3.
Then I uninstalled all updates to the Play app. Then when I started the Play app again, it asked me to update the Play app itself. Then when I went to instagram, it was downloadable.
Just wanted to share this in case someone else has a similar problem with instagram or another app that the Play store says is incompatible with the S3.
- 08-11-2012, 08:38 AM #9
- 10-12-2012, 09:47 AM #11
Re: Instagram on VZW S3?
1. Go to Settings by selecting "settings" in the pop up menu (accessed by hitting the menu button on the bottom left of the phone)
2. Scroll down and tap "Application manager"
3. Tap "All" on the top right
4. Scroll down and tap "Google Play Store"
5. Tap "Uninstall Updates"
6. Soon afterwards, you should be prompted to update the Play store. Update and you should be fine to then install instagram. At least, that's what worked for me.
- 11-20-2012, 03:31 PM #13
- 11-20-2012, 04:44 PM #14