1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Instagram on VZW S3?

Has anyone installed instagram on their Verizon S3? I'm told by the Play store that my device is incompatible (see attached).

Thanks,

Will

Quote Originally Posted by WilburNJ View Post
    Has anyone installed instagram on their Verizon S3? I'm told by the Play store that my device is incompatible (see attached).

Thanks,

Will
    No issues for me

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Instagram on VZW S3?

I was able to install it fine without any issues. I think for a bit, when the SGS first came out the camera wasn't compatible, but the issue got resolved with an Instagram update.
    You got to risk it for the biscuit

Razr > EnV > EnV Touch > LG Dare > Droid X > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy III > HTC Droid DNA
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Interesting. This is what I saw on the Play store last night.

Maybe I should uninstall my other camera apps and see if that helps....

Thanks for the responses.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Instagram on VZW S3?-uploadfromtaptalk1343824977227.jpg  

I also have no issues! I use it all the time!
    X to Rezound to Galaxy S3

No issues here either. Try un-installing Instagram and any other camera apps you have installed. Restart your phone and re-install Instagram. Hopefully that should work.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Unfortunately, I can't uninstall instagram because kit has never been installed. I literally cannot download it.

I actually uninstalled a few other camera apps (paper camera, vignette, etc.) and then went back to the Play store and the message is still the same. Even on my desktop, when I go to play.google.com, I get the incompatibility message (see attached).

I'm just ed stumped at this point. I don't care that much about the app, but it's just puzzling.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Instagram on VZW S3?-uploadfromtaptalk1343858664008.jpg  
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I finally installed instagram today. I cleared the cache on the Play app, which didn't work. The Play store still showed it as incompatible with my S3.

Then I uninstalled all updates to the Play app. Then when I started the Play app again, it asked me to update the Play app itself. Then when I went to instagram, it was downloadable.

Just wanted to share this in case someone else has a similar problem with instagram or another app that the Play store says is incompatible with the S3.
    Thanked by:

you could try going to the play store on your computer, sign in and tell it to download which will add the app to your phone.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzion0503 View Post
    you could try going to the play store on your computer, sign in and tell it to download which will add the app to your phone.
    Thanks, but post #7 above shows how my S3 was thought to be incompatible by the web-based Play store as well. But, anyway, problem solved.

Hey, I have the same problem with mine. But I am really ignorant when it comes to phone stuff. Would you mind explaining to me, step by step, how you fixed it? I would really appreciate it
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by megramsey View Post
    Hey, I have the same problem with mine. But I am really ignorant when it comes to phone stuff. Would you mind explaining to me, step by step, how you fixed it? I would really appreciate it
    Here ya go!

1. Go to Settings by selecting "settings" in the pop up menu (accessed by hitting the menu button on the bottom left of the phone)

2. Scroll down and tap "Application manager"

3. Tap "All" on the top right

4. Scroll down and tap "Google Play Store"

5. Tap "Uninstall Updates"

6. Soon afterwards, you should be prompted to update the Play store. Update and you should be fine to then install instagram. At least, that's what worked for me.

Good luck!

Hey guys, I've got a sgs3 4g. Same problem for me aswell. Can't install instagram at all..
    Haven't it got updated for the 4g or what? I'm really new to this phone aswell.

Please help me out!

Thanks, Marcus

Funny, I have both instagram and paper camera installed and have never had a problem