S3 Auto silents/vibrate

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what is going on here or if anyone else has the problem but my phone randomly is in vibrate only mode. Yes, push the button to turn the volume up but the whole problem is, I can't. The sliders for system notifications, calls, text, etc. are all maxxed out but the icon to the left is still set to no noise, just vibrate. I have to restart my phone to get it working normal and when it does restart, I hit the volume rockers and then the sound will be activated. Not rooted. Stock S3.

guavaman55

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
This will happen if your phone is on Power Saving Mode. Check to see if you have than enabled. If so, turn it off and see if the problem disappears.

anamespeltwrong

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
HTC One M8 user here. Updated to 6.0.

Now, when I'm at work, and my phone is charging on my desk with the screen off, my phone seems to go into a silent mode irrespective of the volume levels set.

I've missed countless work calls at this point, because my phone isn't ringing out loud.

I can't find any setting in the phone for sleep/doze mode, and I can't find anything about power saving mode.

How do I turn this automatic feature off? I need to be able to receive calls if my phone is sitting on the table at work all day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34