Gallery sucking data?

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Switched to Verizon from AT&T a week ago today. Been on tiered data so I know that I can manage my monthly limits without a problem but this concerns me.

Looking at data use today and I see that the gallery has used almost 400mb of background data and it was all yesterday for the most part. I never even used the gallery yesterday. Anyone experienced anything like this before?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
No wallpaper app. I was at work all day when the gallery app supposedly used all this data so I can say with certainty that I wasn't using the gallery

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
It syncs your gallery with google plus. Mine used 2gb day one. I was a little shocked. I'm glad I had unlimited data.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
It syncs your gallery with google plus. Mine used 2gb day one. I was a little shocked. I'm glad I had unlimited data.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Google Plus is a data hog, I recently upgraded.. changed to a tiered data plan from Verizon and decided to use Onavo Count Data Monitor to track my data use and restrict some apps work only on wifi, it is a incredible app, check it out at https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd&token=as2pMITT

attachment.php

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Do you have Google+ set to sync your pictures automatically? If so there's a setting to only do it on wifi (I have this all set up so my photos go into Picasa automatically once I get on wi-fi).

In Google+, go to menu->settings and you can turn off "instant upload", or if you only want to do it while on wi-fi, there are settings there on when to upload photos/videos, etc.

If you have it set to instant upload but haven't specified to only do it on wi-fi, that'll burn through data real quick if you use your camera.

Last edited:

montanaxvi

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I have enabled in the G+ settings is the notifications box. Everything else is turned off. I will agree that the Samsung Gallery app does sync with all my Picasa/G+ albums and that my old Atrix gallery did not so that MIGHT be a reason for the gallery app to use data, however, I've had the phone a week and have been in and out of the gallery several times on wifi and cell data well before the day that it used all of that data. Especially simce I know for a fact that I didn't even use the gallery on the day in question that it pulled down all the background data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03