Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sam's club has good price on the 16GB GS3

I was shopping at Sam's Club today and stopped by to see if they had the Verizon GS3. They had the 16gb GS3 for $148.99 until Sunday the guy told me. Also have a $40 credit on your next Verizon Bill offered too. Also they do offer Verizon insurance and SquareTrade insurance (which I've been recently looking into, and cheaper at Sam's Club than on SquareTrade website). One thing I found out though, which caused me to call Verizon, is that now there is an Upgrade Fee of $30?!! I sure am out of touch with all the changes going on at Verizon in the last 6 months.
    I called Verizon and the rep said the fee was added this past April. Also reading the forums in the past week, I found out about the losing my unlimited data when I upgrade, which just happened the end of June. I'm due for my upgrade on the 14th, really getting irritated with Verizon making all these changes.
    I even went and checked AT&T which was no cheaper than Verizon. I like Verizon, always had good customer service, and never a dropped call/ major issues with past two phones from them. It just seems like lately, they're really sticking it to their customers. Anyways, just wanted to share the deal at Sam's Club for anybody looking for a GS3 Now.

Global Posts
    5,570 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Sam's club has good price on the 16GB GS3

The change (Share Everything) was widely talked about - you must not have been around these parts! Anyway, you have missed the boat with keeping your unlimited data unless you can sweet talk a Verizon rep. You can buy the device at full price and keep your unlimited though.

On a side note, how much was the SquareTrade warranty at Sam's? I ask as I get their emails and today was 30% off, so a one year would be $49.

And Verizon has always stuck it to their customers - nothing new there!!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ibcop, I was away from the forum for months, just because nothing new with the Droid X (my current phone) and wasn't due for my upgrade until this month. So no reason to be on forum until recently when looking at what phone I might want to upgrade to. So missed a lot with the verizon changes. I know verizon sticks it to the customers, but honestly, I've never really had a bad experience with the customer service reps on the phone and at the local corporate store I go when getting a new phone.
    Decided to go to Best Buy this time, just because of the 14 days to try out the new GS3 doesn't seem like enough time to play with a phone with all the new bells and whistles. Plus see if any problems.
    I don't know what the 1yr. was at Sam's club, was inquiring about the two year with SquareTrade. Online it was $124.99 for two years, at Sam's Club the guy said it was $100, which is not bad. The thing I like about SquareTrade is, if you have a problem or accidental insurance, they give you back the cash for it. At least that's what I understand from the website, that or on a paypal account. Up to $750 or $799 I think it was or replace it. Of course if your claim is accepted.
    The unlimited data doesn't really bother me as much, because I average about 400mg a month. Not a heavy data user at all, but may change with the 4g, so will have to see. It was just the surprise how much has changed at Big Red.

Global Posts
    5,570 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Andy847 View Post
    ibcop, I was away from the forum for months, just because nothing new with the Droid X (my current phone) and wasn't due for my upgrade until this month. So no reason to be on forum until recently when looking at what phone I might want to upgrade to. So missed a lot with the verizon changes. I know verizon sticks it to the customers, but honestly, I've never really had a bad experience with the customer service reps on the phone and at the local corporate store I go when getting a new phone.
    Decided to go to Best Buy this time, just because of the 14 days to try out the new GS3 doesn't seem like enough time to play with a phone with all the new bells and whistles. Plus see if any problems.
    I don't know what the 1yr. was at Sam's club, was inquiring about the two year with SquareTrade. Online it was $124.99 for two years, at Sam's Club the guy said it was $100, which is not bad. The thing I like about SquareTrade is, if you have a problem or accidental insurance, they give you back the cash for it. At least that's what I understand from the website, that or on a paypal account. Up to $750 or $799 I think it was or replace it. Of course if your claim is accepted.
    The unlimited data doesn't really bother me as much, because I average about 400mg a month. Not a heavy data user at all, but may change with the 4g, so will have to see. It was just the surprise how much has changed at Big Red.
    Oh, don't get me wrong - I've never had an issues with Verizon - I was saying Verizon sticks it to you as they are the highest price carrier but I guess we get what we pay for. Thanks for the info on the SquareTrade warranty - I can get a better deal directly through the web site, if I decide to go that route. I have used them in the past for some car amplifiers but never had to file a claim so I'm not sure how the claim process works. I do know SquareTrade does not cover loss or theft but then again I'm not sure if any insurance does.

I wouldn't worry too much about the unlimited data - they will end the "unlimited" data sooner or later.

So are you saying that if I go buy the GS3 to replace my Rezound I will have to pay an upgrade fee even if I purchase it elsewhere and activate it myself on the VZW network? Or does this just apply if it is your upgrade time and you're purchasing through Verizon directly?
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

It also looks like this price is just for new VZW customers. Did you happen to get the price they would charge you to buy it outright?
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

Global Posts
    5,570 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by debsdroid View Post
    So are you saying that if I go buy the GS3 to replace my Rezound I will have to pay an upgrade fee even if I purchase it elsewhere and activate it myself on the VZW network? Or does this just apply if it is your upgrade time and you're purchasing through Verizon directly?
    Deb,

If you upgrade your line (if your in the window) and buy the device at the subsidized price, then yes you will have an upgrade fee. A word of caution - if you currently have unlimited data and you upgrade at the subsidized price, you will loose your unlimited data.

If you buy the device outright (full price), there is no upgrade fee.

If you want to buy at full price, I'd recommend you check out Swappa (Android) Buy and sell gently used Android devices
    Thanked by:

wrong thread oops