32GB Galaxy S3 is merely a 16GB with a 16GB Micro SD Card?

snookiesnoo

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Something tells me that they were out of 32GB and they wanted to move the 16GB ones and started bundling them with 16GB SDcards. BTW, I have a 16GB with a 32GB SDcard and it suits my needs very well.

Any limitations such as apps not working on the SD card?

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Any limitations such as apps not working on the SD card?

I have about 89 downloaded apps on my phone right now and I've only used about 1GB for the apps. After all the other "Misc" files and such on my phone, I have 10.61GB free. I have an SD card for all my pictures and music on it.

I can see wanting a 32GB if for some reason you don't want to use an SD card and store all your music/pictures on the phones internal memory.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I have about 89 downloaded apps on my phone right now and I've only used about 1GB for the apps. After all the other "Misc" files and such on my phone, I have 10.61GB free. I have an SD card for all my pictures and music on it.

I can see wanting a 32GB if for some reason you don't want to use an SD card and store all your music/pictures on the phones internal memory.

Many people opted for the 32GB due to it potentially having a higher resale value.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Well if I would have known I would have bought the 64GB

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Eh, the 64gb card is overkill - especially with a 32gb device. If you have a 32gb card, you're set. I wouldn't worry about it.

Lorroth1

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Since there is only $50 difference I figured I would just get the larger memory....it's my trip tomorrow

Captain Kana

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Eh, the 64gb card is overkill - especially with a 32gb device. If you have a 32gb card, you're set. I wouldn't worry about it.

I bought a dell computer in 1993, a friend told me 1 gb was plenty. I filled it up in one year. It is true, most of what goes on will never be used.

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Not that it makes a huge difference to me but I asked him several times and that's what he kept saying and now that I know it to be false, it kinda pisses me off

Edit: although with my wife's law enforcement discount on accessories, it turns out it was cheaper for me to get a 16 GB S3 + 16 GB sd card than a 32 GB S3

Only drawback to what you did...

All your apps get stored in the phones 16 or 32gb memory. The Apps2SD storage or storing apps on your SD card no longer is an option on ICS. So with 16gb, after the phone takes its partition that it needs to run, you are left with only10-11gb for apps. Only thing you store on your SD card is your pics/vids/music and such.
You will wish you had gotten the 32gb model down the road.

Apple's opening court statement...
"It's easier to copy than Innovate"

Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3

anon(862554)

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Only drawback to what you did...

All your apps get stored in the phones 16 or 32gb memory. The Apps2SD storage or storing apps on your SD card no longer is an option on ICS. So with 16gb, after the phone takes its partition that it needs to run, you are left with only10-11gb for apps. Only thing you store on your SD card is your pics/vids/music and such.
You will wish you had gotten the 32gb model down the road.

Apple's opening court statement...
"It's easier to copy than Innovate"

Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3

Yah...I looked more into this and what you're saying is true. I'm going to go to the store today and see what they say. Only thing is is that I'm past my 2 week have period (I'm at three weeks tomorrow) :-\

hockeymn25

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Yah...I looked more into this and what you're saying is true. I'm going to go to the store today and see what they say. Only thing is is that I'm past my 2 week have period (I'm at three weeks tomorrow) :-\

Will jelly bean allow us to move aps to sd? Hate that I can't do it now

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Here's a little humor for you guys. :)
Screenshot%20(4).png

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Also remember that even if you get a high quality, high speed (class 10/uhs-1) micro sd card they will still be slower than internal memory. I got the 32 GB intending to only use internal memory until it gets full and then I will expand with and external SD card.